Looking for honest service dept for warranty work in San Diego

Scottgenstein

TDI
2015 Golf Sportswagen
I've had bad experiences getting work done in San Diego on my 2015 Sportwagen TDI manual tranny. I will never let Kearny Mesa VW touch my car again, for example, after they said I needed almost $900 in work done when I knew they were lying, which itself came after several screw-ups and overcharges over a few years. Anyone in the area who can make recommendations? I think only a dealership can do warranty work, right? Many thanks!

kensterling

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI SEL
Thanks for the HeadsUp on KM VW

I have 2015 TDI Sportwagen also....but no dealer who I use here in SD....now I know who not to use KM VW.....Big Thankls!!!

Scottgenstein

TDI
2015 Golf Sportswagen
Do you know of any mechanics/shops in the area, apart from dealerships, who seem honest and competent? (I'm now being told the car's problem isn't covered under warranty.) Thanks!

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
You might try informing us of what the problem actually is. Who told you it isn't covered? Do you have a check engine light on? Anything that sets a check engine light is automatically covered in the emissions warranty by law. The court ordered it that way.

Scottgenstein

TDI
2015 Golf Sportswagen
The check engine light comes and goes without my clearing codes. I have repeatedly gotten a P00BD code on a generic (non-VW-specific) OBD-II scanner. Someone from VW Corporate, via chat and later via email, told me a mass air flow (P00BD) problem isn't covered because my warranty expired after 3 years. I was told the same by a service advisor at a local VW dealership.

Scottgenstein

TDI
2015 Golf Sportswagen
PS to Lightflyer1: you responded earlier to my related post titled "2015 Sportwagen TDI recurrent P00BD code." That's what the problem actually is.

Datalore

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI- SOLD, 2000 VW Beetle ALH- SOLD, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE DSG
Not to ruffle any feathers but... A check engine light is NOT required for an extended emissions warranty claim. The paperwork provided only says that it must be "detected by an onboard diagnostic system". Thus, anything that stores a code is enough to get coverage.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
The check engine light comes and goes without my clearing codes. I have repeatedly gotten a P00BD code on a generic (non-VW-specific) OBD-II scanner. Someone from VW Corporate, via chat and later via email, told me a mass air flow (P00BD) problem isn't covered because my warranty expired after 3 years. I was told the same by a service advisor at a local VW dealership.
You need to tell them it is covered by the extended emissions warranty. It is for 162k miles or 11 years whichever comes first. Anything that sets a code is covered except the transmission. The full paperwork can be found online and here on this site. In the case of any disagreement it should be settled in favor of the owner/consumer. Get the paperwork and read and understand it before you talk to them. Then be polite and civil and make them understand it is covered by court order.