Terminal 30 for Interior Lighting, no interior or tail lights.

copilot

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Issue appeared after install of Ziza LED light kit from ECS. Resolution was replacement of fuse in slot 6 which I apparently toasted when installing the bulbs. Tracking this issue down using the subject code and bulb out indicator was kind of beastly so I thought I'd record the resolution.

The Ziza kit is awesome except the reading light surround is pretty janky with the larger LED bulbs. I'll have to shave mine a little to make it around the new bulbs.

Who at VW thought it would be a good idea to tie the interior lights in with the tail lights? Not having interior lights at night is inconvenient but at least I can make it home without getting a ticket.

Thanks to MiksTDI for resolving the issue, especially since it got dark while I was there and would have surely been pulled over without working tails.

0BW4N

TDI
2012 Jetta Sedan
THANK YOU!!! I had the same problem today. Your post saved me a lot of time (especially since you listed the fuse number). Replaced F6 and the interior lamps worked again.

I found a wiring diagram for a 2011 Jetta TDI. It had F6 listed as "Onboard supply control unit - J519- , (T73a/66) (only AW0". So either the diagram I found was completely wrong, or they stopped using common language such as "interior lamps". Because F6 was the problem

BTW, I agree that it is INSANE to wire the interior and tail lights on the same fuse. Had I not read this post, I wouldn't have even known (or assumed) that my tail lights didn't work.

Queathy

TDI
None
Issue appeared after install of Ziza LED light kit from ECS. Resolution was replacement of fuse in slot 6 which I apparently toasted when installing the bulbs. Tracking this issue down using the subject code and bulb out indicator was kind of beastly so I thought I'd record the resolution.
The Ziza kit is awesome except the reading light surround is pretty janky with the larger led bulbs. I'll have to shave mine a little to make it around the new bulbs.
Who at VW thought it would be a good idea to tie the interior lights in with the tail lights? Not having interior lights at night is inconvenient but at least I can make it home without getting a ticket.
Thanks to MiksTDI for resolving the issue, especially since it got dark while I was there and would have surely been pulled over without working tails.
Hello do you have any pics of Ziza led light kit. I want to purchase interior lights for my car.

Last edited:

Mighty Oregon

TDI
2013 Jetta
Thank you for posting this copilot. This happened to me yesterday while installing a LED kit for my jetta. If I didn't find this thread I would have lost my mind. I found the same diagram as OBW4N and was scratching my head trying to figure out which fuse I blew. Again, Thank you.

mklabunde

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premium
Just wanted to say thanks OP had the same problemthis weekend.
Did the same thing but was replacing the license plate lights with LED's had to have them on so I knew they were put in the correct way and when I put it back in the metal on the holder touched ground and pop. I went to the fuse block and there was no diagram was like *** so I opened the manual and nothing. Who at vw decided that it was ok to not include a diagram for the fuse block. I luckily have a power probe and was able to find out what fuse it was and I think that it was F6 if a recall. I then went online and was able to find a list of fuses for my car I will post the link here this is for my 2012 jetta TDI
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5l70xaJNUFJUmltOEEzcUptUlU/edit?usp=drive_web&pli=1

Mark

Jettawolfs98

Veteran Member
TDI
JETTA TDI 2009, JSW 2013 DSG PANO
okay, sorry for bring this back to live.

I have a 2016 jetta sport and i was trying to replace the truck light with a LED bought it from the vw service parts dept.

Well same issue, the LED cause the interior lights/ tail ligths and DRLS LED to go out.

I took it back to the dealer since is under warranty but is good to know the FUSE number and it happened to other people.

What a stupid design. Thank You for the information.

Last edited:

CT_Gman

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Jetta Sport, 2011 Golf TDI 6MT 2 door - GONE, 2013 Passat DSG SE w/sunroof - GONE
Did the same thing but was replacing the license plate lights with LED's had to have them on so I knew they were put in the correct way and when I put it back in the metal on the holder touched ground and pop. I went to the fuse block and there was no diagram was like *** so I opened the manual and nothing. Who at vw decided that it was ok to not include a diagram for the fuse block. I luckily have a power probe and was able to find out what fuse it was and I think that it was F6 if a recall. I then went online and was able to find a list of fuses for my car I will post the link here this is for my 2012 jetta TDI
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5l70xaJNUFJUmltOEEzcUptUlU/edit?usp=drive_web&pli=1

Mark
Great diagram! Thanks!

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Thank you for this post! No fuse diagram on back of panel is unbelievably stupid. I was installing the rear dome light LED then I saw front reading light go out.I didn't realize I had no taillights tonight until I didn't see them in my mirror reflecting off the vehicle behind me at a light. I'm glad I didn't pass by any police.....

sandmansans

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta
THANK YOU!!! I had the same problem today. Your post saved me a lot of time (especially since you listed the fuse number). Replaced F6 and the interior lamps worked again.

I found a wiring diagram for a 2011 Jetta TDI. It had F6 listed as "Onboard supply control unit - J519- , (T73a/66) (only AW0". So either the diagram I found was completely wrong, or they stopped using common language such as "interior lamps". Because F6 was the problem

BTW, I agree that it is INSANE to wire the interior and tail lights on the same fuse. Had I not read this post, I wouldn't have even known (or assumed) that my tail lights didn't work.
So yes and no in regards to vw using non layman language when labeling the fuse panel

That fuse that you mentioned is a fuse for the bcm plug A (the white plug )
Both your comfort lighting (interior) as well as tail lights are wired into plug A

I've read on the ross tech forum, that using aftermarket led tail lights can cause the bcm to short out. From what I understand, the cars that came with the led tails factory also come with a different bcm than ours.

I can look at some of my diagrams to confirm this if needed.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

sandmansans

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta
So yes and no in regards to vw using non layman language when labeling the fuse panel

That fuse that you mentioned is a fuse for the bcm plug A (the white plug )
Both your comfort lighting (interior) as well as tail lights are wired into plug A

I've read on the ross tech forum, that using aftermarket led tail lights can cause the bcm to short out. From what I understand, the cars that came with the led tails factory also come with a different bcm than ours.

I can look at some of my diagrams to confirm this if needed.

Just confirmed
Here is a ss of the diagram

Also AW0 is code for low line equipment, which you guessed it does not include led tail lights from the factory. Hence why it may be causing that fuse to fail and why from the factory it is just labeled for the interior lights.

sandmansans

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta
Further confirmation, the led lamps came with the 3 plug 52 pin bcm. Not the 2 plug 73 pin.

**so I re -read the first post and I realized that I misread it. The op made no mention of the use of led tail lights, but I some how drew to that conclusion. Sorry!

tamtom

TDI
2015 VW Jetta
I replaced F6 in my 2015 VW Jetta TDI as I've been having the same issue with interior lights and tail lights both not working but didn't have any luck. Any suggestions? I'm not well educated with mechanical terminology. Just someone who doesn't want to take my VW to dealer for them to replace something as simple as a fuse and pay $65 for a fuse that would cost me less than $2. Would there be difference between Canadian and American models? Please help!

tamtom

TDI
2015 VW Jetta
Figured it out! For the 2015 Jetta TDI Trendline 2.0L the fuse number for the interior lamps is F35
Here's the link for the fuse map:

I replaced F6 in my 2015 VW Jetta TDI as I've been having the same issue with interior lights and tail lights both not working but didn't have any luck. Any suggestions? I'm not well educated with mechanical terminology. Just someone who doesn't want to take my VW to dealer for them to replace something as simple as a fuse and pay $65 for a fuse that would cost me less than $2. Would there be difference between Canadian and American models? Please help!