Malone 2.0 Tune

skromfols

Veteran Member
TDI
2017 Jaguar XE TDI, 2014 Sportwagen TDI
Has anyone had the Malone 2.0 tune installed after the VW "fix". I'm thinking of upgrading from the Malone 1.5 tune (which has been great) to the 2.0 tune for a little added power and torque, but I don't want to go with any mechanical changes. So I would appreciate hearing from anyone who's gone this route.

Stan

Thunder Chicken

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon
I ‘undid’ my tune and delete, had the fix done, then retuned and deleted again. Actually just had it at a dealer and they didn’t care. I’m over in km for any warranty anyways. I enjoy the increased mileage and the extra ommph of 295ft/lbs of torque.

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
We don't normally install or list the 1.5 tune anymore, but if someone specifically asked for it like you did Mark can make an in-between tune.

There's a lot of vehicles running stage 2, it's by far the most common. Some get away with CR170s on stock clutches but I wouldn't expect that to last too long if driven hard since they're not rated for that kind of abuse.

skromfols

Veteran Member
TDI
2017 Jaguar XE TDI, 2014 Sportwagen TDI
Owain, Back a few years ago when I was looking for tunes the 1.5 seemed to be pretty popular, so that's why I went with it. It's made a big difference and I love it, but if the 2.0 is the most common now that's what I really need. I don't hot rod so I don't expect a problem with the clutch, but if I need to replace the clutch I'd have no problem with that.