GTB Turbo with orig actuator on edc15/msa15?

HamBam

TDI
All
I compared the two actuators and i think that they are working mirrored, because the lever is mirrored.

If i connect the PWM actuator just to 12V, it goes in the other direction like the can actuator. i will do a testsetup with a edc17 ecu in the next days.

I think it will not help to invert the pmw signal, because the actuator goes in a mirrored position without any pmw signal (Engine off).

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
Just use correct servomotor for the turbo and then change the top. Correct movement and correct signal.

Lähetetty minun Moto G (4) laitteesta Tapatalkilla

HamBam

TDI
All
Just use correct servomotor for the turbo and then change the top. Correct movement and correct signal.

Lähetetty minun Moto G (4) laitteesta Tapatalkilla

How did you test it? you wrote 2 pages before that you didnt test it at the moment :confused:

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
I did not test on EDC17 yet. Done that on EDC 15 and 16. I say it once more. You can use the actuator motor part that the turbo originally had. Then just change the black part. All you need is a flat head screwdriver to pry the clips off. Works on Audi 2260VK actuators and works on Volvo VL actuator mated with BMW brain part.

Libang

TDI
TDI power :)
I have done this on EDC15 . BMW GTB2260V turbo using original servo with fitted 6NW009228 pwm electronic part . Works well .

Last edited:

Lucian189

Veteran Member
TDI
3.0 TDI CR
you should be able to swap the PCB from from one on another. so you can made the PWM based PCB on the original gtd2060 actuator. so there is no hassle with rods etc required
Imposible,totaly different design!

HamBam

TDI
All
I did not test on EDC17 yet. Done that on EDC 15 and 16. I say it once more. You can use the actuator motor part that the turbo originally had. Then just change the black part. All you need is a flat head screwdriver to pry the clips off. Works on Audi 2260VK actuators and works on Volvo VL actuator mated with BMW brain part.
Im only wondering because the default position of the lever is different.

Default position with the original Audi electronics:

Default position with the BMW electronics:

The BMW electronics stops in the max rpm position.

Lucian189

Veteran Member
TDI
3.0 TDI CR
Looks totally same design imo.. the bottom piece only hoses DC motor, gear and this weird PCB that acts as half of the position sensor.
I have the 2 parts here and is not possiblle to fuse them.toghether.! I am.not.trying to.convince anybody,I just share my experience.
I have opened them,otherwise I would not state it is imposible.

Leegstra

TDI
Caddy with ASZ,2260
some body now where the pwm ( n75) freq adress is at the software 038 906 18P
the ecu does 300 hz it needs to be 140 hz to controle the merc actuator

maSS-hole

TDI
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD
some body now where the pwm ( n75) freq adress is at the software 038 906 18P
the ecu does 300 hz it needs to be 140 hz to controle the merc actuator
Did you ever figure this out. Right now my jeep seems to be running at 152 hz, but I would like to change it to 140 as well.

HamBam

TDI
All
I have done this on EDC15 . BMW GTB2260V turbo using original servo with fitted 6NW009228 pwm electronic part . Works well .
If im right, you are using the BMW Turbo and the complete original BMW actuator.
-> Did you need to change something in the ecu to use the bmw actuator or was it plug and play?

Is someone using the BMW actuatorhead with the Audi actuatorbody and the Audi Turbo? I think this combination will not work without inverting the PWM Signal with an external board. Because the BMW and Audi Actuator are not mounted in the same direction. So the Audi actuator with the BMW head is working mirrored.

If the BMW Turbo with the original BMW actuator works plug and play, i will get one and sell my new Audi Turbo.... :)

Booxter

TDI
1.9TDI AVB
Passat b5 AVF 1.9TDI GTB1756VK
The mechanism of the actuator GTB1756VK, electronics Mercedes
Works very fast, but you have to adjust the N75 map

Last edited:

shanky887614

TDI
vw caddy arl
would someone on here be able to tell me what to buy and be able to adjust my map etc for this on a gtb2260?

on an edc16 ecu with an n75 valve pd1.9
Sent from my ASUS_X00ID using Tapatalk

travis45

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Sportwagen, 96 Passat TDI Sedan
There was a a guy with an Audi who had a GTB2260VK, Darkside piping, WM kit who ended up doing the buy back about 2 years ago. He claimed to be using the electronic actuator successfully.

Can't remember his name.

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
Couple of people have done it in Europe, either using a piggyback box to modify the signals from edc so that the actuator works properly, others have created a Frankenstein type of actuator with Mercedes/Audi guts and modified n75 map and a lot more to make it work. Personally, on a car that old I would just use vacuum converted turbocharger- less hassle to tune...with decent results !

Byd1380

TDI
Mk2 Golf - VNT20 setup
If you use the correct actuator it works with the same PWM signal from EDC15. I ran it for a while just playing about. You can also adjust the range of the N75 map to move the end stops etc.

I still have an actuator and connector here, if someone wants to play, I made up my own M6 rod aswell.

Ivan

ErackTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
04 jetta. 13 jetta, 04 jetta
i have a bew with gt2056v working with the electric actuator on edc16
both wires from n75 and a ground and some software changes is all it takes
then a tune to match everything and your all set

D-cappz

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta ALH, 6 speed, 4motion, fully loaded, leather heated interior, sunroof, steering wheel controls. Over 420,000km
Yeah, thats what I thought...
I am installed a GTD2060 and upgrading to PWN electronic actuator. I need the one with the REA connector and I think this model 6NW 009 660 is going to woke for me. I know you can get them with the plug in different positions. Any other part numbers thst you could recommend looking at?