2011 West Coast GTG; Sometimes Erroneously Referred to as "WestFest"

buckweat diesel

Veteran Member
TDI
rabbit truck diesel 2000 tdi
lol Pierre... I'm tryin real hard to make it so we can come down... but I probably won't be racing. :( You win this year, I'll even up the score next year. :D
I'll let you know for sure as we get closer to the date if we'll be there or not... fingers are crossed!
~JG
come on u know u gotta come..............................;):D;):p
it will not be tha same without u 2

buckweat diesel

Veteran Member
TDI
rabbit truck diesel 2000 tdi
ON AUGUST 6th, I AM COMING TO HANG OUT, AND MAYBE WORK ON MY OWN CAR AND MAYBE HELP OTHERS :
1. BleachedBora + 2x Adults, 1x Child
2. JetPuf + 1x adult, 1x child
3. O.C. TDI
4. cbalthazor
5. Oldpoopie
6. Ed's TDI
7. Whatnxt
8. NewTDI
9. bhutchins
10. brnsgrbr
11. Keli_OR + 1 adult,
12. Dean
13. Power_Not_Speed
14. Bugget
15. Dok
16. cmitchell
17. OR turbo Diesel + 1 adult
18. Jimwsea
19. timirving
20. 77K20
21. Gregnew2TDI
22. Brokk + 1x adult, 1x child
23. 06SpiceRedTDI +?
24. qhartman
25. tgolf
26. SootHappens (Scott)

I WON'T BE THERE, BUT MY CAR CERTAINLY WILL, AS IT'S BEEN SITTING IN BAY #3 SINCE LAST CHRISTMAS. SAY 'HI' TO MY CAR, AND TAKE SOME PICTURES OF IT FOR ME, WON'T YOU???
1. Left Coast Resident
4.bay 2 ael bay 2

I NEED A NEW WINDSHIELD - This is a feeler
1. cbalthazor(Maybe)
2. Oldpoopie
3. Power_Not_Speed
4. cmitchell
COSMETIC VEHICLE SERVICES

I WANT TO HAVE DENTS REMOVED - Feeler
1. BleachedBora
2. Power_Not_Speed
3. Gregnew2TDI

I WANT TO HAVE WINDOWS TINTED
1. BleachedBora
2. timirving (possibly)
ACTIVITIES

I AM INTERESTED IN DOING SOME DRAG RACING IF A TRACK IS AVAILABLE
1. O.C. TDI
2. tothemax

I WOULD LIKE TO POSSIBLY GET MY CAR DYNOED - if we get enough interest we can organize this.
1. timirving

I WANT TO GO MTB RIDING - one of the bikers can organize this
1. cbalthazor
2. tothemax
3. timirving (I do off-road unicycling but can help find some trails and will be riding my uni)

I AM COMING FROM OUT OF TOWN AND I NEED A HOTEL ROOM - BleachedBora can get corporate rates at hotels:
PLEASE INDICATE IF YOU WANT TO SHARE A ROOM
10.[/QUOT

it will be new years before u get it back mooohaaaaaaaaaaaaaha;)

manual_tranny

Smyth Performance- Intern
TDI
2001 Golf @182K; 2000 Jetta @290K
I wish I could be there... (and I wish my TDI hadn't recently started devouring 1L/1600mi of oil)

One of these days...

Have fun, guys!!

bugget

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI GLS 2000
If you ever do make it out here you should think about stopping in Walla Walla. There are a couple of farms there who practice pasture management in a way very similar to what the Savory institute is proposing for restoring grasslands. They use a combination of grazing animals that they drive over pasture that is dead or over grazed to help it grow back quicker.

The one I visited a couple of years ago when I learned about that process has since closed but I still have contact with the farmer who I met there and his new farm is using the same practices.

Hopefully we will see you someday soon m_t!

Haiku TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
Ok guys, I'm on the fence about this one. I was ready to make it, but now I'm not sure. :( I'll do what I can to get there. but if not, have an awesome weekend! :eek:
Yes, admittedly in the iphone ate my calendar debacle I managed to forget about this weekend, but if you are going to be there we are now planning on coming down, girlie. So answer your phone and drive!!!

Keli_OR

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 black Sportwagen SE, '01 silver Jetta GLS, '00 green Beetle
Ok guys, I'm on the fence about this one. I was ready to make it, but now I'm not sure. :( I'll do what I can to get there. but if not, have an awesome weekend! :eek:
Hope you can make it!
Check your email-
~Keli

Power_Not_Speed

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
Windshield replacement should be a go. I need to have a bit more of a definitive word on what models we need. Looks like they are all mk4 and perhaps one mk5? We'll probably have some chip repair at the same time.

-BB
Hi Aaron,

I had to bow out last week as I have visitors right now. Really need a new windshield though. I'll get hold of you later about that though.

Sure wish I could get there, but gotta miss it again.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
I am going to miss this one, but hope you guys have tons of fun,it's always a great GTG at fixum, hi to my buddies Marcell, Rich, Justin, Keli, OCTDI, Phil, Jetpuff and the rest, 1st one that i miss in a long time.

dok

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 B4V
I finally have steady work. I'm going to a raincheck on this one. I hope all have a great time and say hello to Al's car for me!

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
I've got that bottle of Knob that needs to be finished off!
What? You have a Knob that needs to be finished off... um, :p;)

Hope you can make it, Zippy. It would be great to see you.
Looking forward to seeing you IBW!

Yes, admittedly in the iphone ate my calendar debacle I managed to forget about this weekend, but if you are going to be there we are now planning on coming down, girlie. So answer your phone and drive!!!
I was at work! It's not allowed to answer my phone while teaching 2 y/o's. for some absurd reason, that's frowned upon. something about safety... i dunno. :p

Hope you can make it!
All packed up, just gotta check some minor things on Zippy and I'm hitting the road. I was sick last night, hopefully it won't be a repeat performance on my way up Shasta! :eek:

See y'all in 15 hours! :eek::cool::D

Left Coast Resident

Ubẽr Clubbie
TDI
2001, 2002 & 2003 Jettas
Hat's off to Marcel!! Inside joke and incontrovertible proof that my car is there, and will be there, to greet all of you. Say 'Hi' to it, and don't forget to take pictures.

Let's hope Rich cleaned, waxed, and shined it so that it will have a good chance of taking 1st. in the 'Show and Shine', 'Unfinished Because Somebody Is Not Sufficiently Scared Sh1tless By The VooDoo Doll' category . . .
I WON'T BE THERE, BUT MY CAR CERTAINLY WILL, AS IT'S BEEN SITTING IN BAY #3 SINCE LAST CHRISTMAS. SAY 'HI' TO MY CAR, AND TAKE SOME PICTURES OF IT FOR ME, WON'T YOU???
1. Left Coast Resident
4.bay 2 ael bay 2

it will be new years before u get it back mooohaaaaaaaaaaaaaha;)

Last edited:

Keli_OR

Veteran Member
TDI
Just spoke to Zippy. She is on her way!!!
If anyone gets a phone call from her, take it! She needs the conversation to keep her awake......
:D

FlyTDI Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS
Well, crabnuggets anyways... I'm on my way to work as my presence is required. I'm going to try and get out of there early enough to still make it down but... Everyone enjoy in case I don't.

Keli_OR

Veteran Member
TDI
Well, crabnuggets anyways... I'm on my way to work as my presence is required. I'm going to try and get out of there early enough to still make it down but... Everyone enjoy in case I don't.
Hope you can make it Pat!

Haiku TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
Another Ho5G refugee is on the way - although we will be coming in the non-TDI. We will stop at Costco on our way down from Seattle, so if anything is needed let me know.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
AL

Words can not express my sorrow about your car!! but, in the other hand, all members of the Joneses family will be attending this GTG, kind of a (family reunion)I'd say, even the runaway from RI that lives here in the Bay Area will be there, so you should not worry about a pic, they will be glad to take more than one for you I'm sure,,, if I were you I would not worry about your car, ever since your car was kidnapped and taken away from you, I'd guess it has always been in a secure bay and place, and not getting blasted by any of the sun rays!!!

Last edited:

bhutchins

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDiCup, 02Q built Sept 2010
thank you for hosting rich, an Aaron for organizing. very good to finally meet everybody.
SootHappens: thanks alot, now my son wants me to upgrade his RC truck to something faster. Zippy, you were definately the furthest traveled, nice to meet you right as my son and I were leaving. if anyone is in Wilsonville area, give me a call if you want to go out on the river. See you all again, hopefulloy sooner than later.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Great time, great to see everyone. Rich, you have a wonderful setup: keep at it, even when the air cooleds go away. And from what I've seen that won't be anytime soon.

Al, your car is there. I saw it. Didn't take a picture, but it's there. I swear.

At PDX, headed home.

bhutchins

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDiCup, 02Q built Sept 2010
was that the car with the greatful dead on the back bumper, and looked like oversized exhaust?