TDIClub is 5 years old

GotDiesel?

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS
Yes, Fred... Thank you so much for your vision and patience.

This site helped convince me the TDI would be a prudent choice and has provided many hours of edification AND amusement.

We all look forward to the day when you finally get your own TDI!!

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
How could I have missed it! TDIClub is now 5 years old.

Wednesday, July 03, 1996 was the date the first page then known as "Fred's TDI Page" came into existence. Shortly after a guestbook was added, and after no one could keep up with it, the Forums were introduced on February 19, 1999.

I just wanted to thank all the contributors to the forums as we have come such a long way since the page first started, and many of us have made some great friendships! We even have a yearly even now to call our own, TDIFest. Hope to see many of you there this September.

Cheers and thanks for making this place so great!

Fred

dutchman

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Bora
Fred,
Congrats.... the last few changes to the site have been great. Keep up the good work. I will see you the 21st in Olympia (WA, USA)

Thanks again for having this site......

Andre

garrettp

Former Chip-Monk
TDI
2000 JEDI
you know Fred, it is funny how things work.

Feb 2000 - garrett gets tired of 99NB 2.slo
march 2000 - garrett drives TDI as suggest by dealer friend and snaps it up with 30+ people on a waiting list

may 2000 - garrett hits big farggin' dear/moose thing and decides it is a great time to get chipped and finds Fred's site
sept 2000 - garrett heads to TDI Fest 2000 with awards/name tags in hand to his first ever GTG to meet people he does not know
oct 2000 - garrett heads to Canada with Valois and in a drunkin' stupor
decides to become an UPsoluter'
today, 2001 - garrett has met hundreds of TDI'ers and chipped most along the way. i could never be happier and i owe it all to the man i love, Fred (did i say that out loud
).

thank you Fred

BlueBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
NB, 2000, Bright Blue & Yellow, Things & Wings rolling advertisement
Congrats Fred,

As always, the site just keeps gettin' better and better. You know when you have been at Fred's to long when the TDICLUB logo is burnt into the upper left hand phospors of your monitor. Keep up the good work.

-Tim

Skippy

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta wagon Blue
Cudos to you FRED and thank you for this great place

Well i first drove a v6 beretta and th thing was killing my budget... vr6 was to expensive 2.0 was to old/slow so i found out about the TDI... then i found out about fred's... then upsolute.... then i met garrett and i decided never to let my hair grow

Thanks to fred, rene, garrett and all the true gurus like mickey!

Thank you! and what about another? 5

lol... and dont forget to thank Thu Inturnet!!!

mickey's wife

Congrats, Fred! Having been TDI-less for nine months now, I have even greater sympathy for you than ever before. My situation will soon be resolved (mickey is out fighting the good fight even as I type) - hope the same goes for you.

-mickey's wife

p.s. I really don't have anything else to say, but mickey never posts without at least one "p.s." so there you go.

M

mickey

HA! She told me I'd NEVER find where she posted!

She forgot about Ye Olde Back Button!

-mickey

p.s. She insisted I add a post-script, little realizing that I only use them 90% of the time.

blugg

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 99.5, black
Fred, thanks so much. You're a real piece of work. Such a fine site. I've learned more about my car than perhaps I wanted to know. Nevertheless, I've had more fun and learned more, not only about my TDI, but about all the rest of you great TDI drivers.

Keep it rollin.

whitebelly

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW
thank you fred.
it's more than just a website, it's a community.
and i, like many, wouldn't be driving a tdi, without tdiclub.com!!!

happy birthday!

Jackmc

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Sportwagen
I was happy to find Fred's in April 2000 to fill in some much needed info prior to my purchase.

TDICLUB? I could live without it...but I don't want to!

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Thanks for all the comments guys, but in reality it's you out there who really make TDIClub what it is. A very unique group of individuals.

Otherwise it would just be me writting to myself, how dull would that be.

Thank you guys out there for making this place a real community.

Cheers to everyone

Fred

rgoetz

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently
Congratulations Fred, and to everyone who has made this site such a resource and a pleasure.

S

SkyPup

Sure has been a great place to learn all about out TDIs (and other exteraneous things too). Thanks alot for all your work and patience Fred!

TDIS RULE

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Happy birthday dear TDIclub... happy birthday dear TDIclub... happy biiiiirthdaaaayyyy TDIiiiiiiicluuuuuub... happy birthday to youuuuu.

joren

happy happy ...
hi,i am gonna be a new proud owner of a golf 1.9tdi Master Edition silver in october orso.
i have a polo 1.4tdi and that was really a smalln devil.now i will get a golf and i am really exciting to drive in it

i have testdriven the4 golf 1.4 benzine that car is already quite fast. i pulled from 0-80km/h in less than 5 secs.
anyway happy birthday

a driver from holland