Official "LAS VEGAS GTG" thread!

Turanga

TDI
one
What: Las Vegas TDI/VW GTG :D
When: April 20-22
Where:
Friday, April 20: Findlay North VW starting at 7pm. Mingle with some local VW enthusiasts, meet some new faces!

Saturday, April 21: BCE Designs (suite 105), starting at 10am. There will be room for wrenching, hanging out, and BBQ'ing.
BCE Designs is a vinyl shop - you can check out some of what they do by visiting http://www.bcedesigns.com/. If you are interested in getting any vinyl work done, please email them at aj@bcedsigns.com (Mention that you are with the TDI GTG, so they can keep track!).
Also, I believe Matt (Matt-98AHU) will be coming out from California to do the wrenching (if needed), so if you need some work done, please PM him!

Sunday, April 22: Nothing planned. If there is interest, I think this would be a great day for a cruise!

Mike will be available for tunes all weekend, if you anyone is interested! :) If you are, please PM Mike on here, or email him at sales@tdtuning.com

Who: This is the fun part! We need to get an idea of who is coming! Please reply in this fashion:

Name
Need work done?
Need a tune?
What will you be able to bring to our little potluck/BBQ?

Example:

Stephani (Turanga)
No wrenching
No tune
I will see about making some cookies!
Thanks! Hope to see you all there! :D

Attending:
Mike (VWMikel)
Stephani (Turanga)
Don (JSWTDI09)
Werner K. Hellmer (lvcatfish)
Chris (dieselpower04)
Paul (temporaptor)
Bojan (spleecho)
DarioF (DarioF)

Last edited:

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Name: Don (JSWTDI09)
Need work done? No
Need a tune? No
What will you be able to bring to our little potluck/BBQ? What do you need? I could bring snacks, burgers, drinks, ice, whatever. I can bring anything (but not all things). Who is bringing the grill?

I can also bring my Pela if anyone wants to do a topside oil change and/or a set of steel ramps and/or miscellaneous tools.

Have Fun!

Don

P.S. I like the idea of a Sunday cruise (I might even to talk the wife into attending this part).

Last edited:

Turanga

TDI
one
They actually have a gas grill at the shop (BCE Designs)! So that should be covered! Let's see what other people offer to bring, and go from there :)

lvcatfish

TDI
2004 Jetta TDI
Name Werner K. Hellmer (lvcatfish)
Need work done? No
Need a tune? Not yet but I would like to talk to persons with knowledge as I see this in the near future
What will you be able to bring to our little potluck/BBQ? Good beef from my hay guy in Utah + veggi salad type stuff, etc. I am flexible here.

I would like to see a VAG-COM in person as I plan on purchasing soon. I would also like to explore the functionality of the Bentley DVD version manual if somebody has a sample.

dieselpower04

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS TDI (sold)
Name: dieselpower04 aka Chris
Need work done? Always a possibility!
Need a tune? Already have Mike's magic!
What will you be able to bring to our little potluck/BBQ? Anything my wife feels like making :cool:

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI

temporaptor

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta TDI 11 335D M-Sport
Name Paul (temporaptor)
Need work done? help with a vent-ectomy...
Need a tune? I would like Mike to adjust my tune
What will you be able to bring to our little potluck/BBQ? chips and soda

I would like to dyno if we can get enough people together. Ill be there Friday and Saturday only. Gotta work on Sunday. Also would like some recommendations on what hotel to stay in.

Turanga

TDI
one
For hotels, I would recommend the Sante Fe Station, or the Cannery North. I've never seen the rooms at the Cannery, but it is fairy close to the host shop. The Santa Fe has decent rooms (that I have seen), and is fairy close to our place.

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
Name Paul (temporaptor)
Need work done? help with a vent-ectomy...
Need a tune? I would like Mike to adjust my tune
What will you be able to bring to our little potluck/BBQ? chips and soda

I would like to dyno if we can get enough people together. Ill be there Friday and Saturday only. Gotta work on Sunday. Also would like some recommendations on what hotel to stay in.
I can help you with the vent Pauly.

And what kind of Italian are you? Chips n soda, weak!!!

Turanga

TDI
one
I meant to add earlier, regarding hotels: If you are looking for something pretty nice, off-strip, I would recommend Aliante, or Red Rock (though Red Rock is pretty much on the opposite side of the valley). They are very nice hotels.

Also, I mentioned this topic to Mike, and he said the Cannery isn't so hot. So... yeah.

vwmikel

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
Would the dyno be open on Saturday? That way we could go even if we did not have 6 or 8 people.
I would think it could be an option. It is on the other side of town, but it's all relative. It's probably a 20 minute drive. I was trying to see if we could get out onto the track, but it seems there is a big Ford event that weekend. There's a test and tune that Friday, but I don't know if that's open to all makes, etc.

If we can get about 5-6 people together for the dyno that would be cool.

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
Any more folks sound off on coming? if I can get Digital Corpus to come, I think I can swing it! The wife isn't so excited about a GTG... Maybe I'll tell her the guys are all going to a burlesque show... and she'll change her mind real quick.

Turanga

TDI
one
That weekend, they are having some big Ford event out at the Speedway, with a test-and-tune on that Friday. Mike talked to the people at the track yesterday, and they said that the test-and-tune is open to anyone. SO, if you are interested in doing that, please PM Mike. I'm not sure what cost is, and I believe the hours are 1 to 6.

Who else is interested in coming? I know there have to be more people out there!

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Who else is interested in coming? I know there have to be more people out there!
I have PMed a number of local TDI guys I know (in case they didn't see this thread) and asked them to post in this thread if they can make it.

Everyone who plans to make it should post here, so we have a better idea how many people to expect.

I am in for Saturday and I would also be up for a cruise on Sunday, if there is enough interest. I plan to bring VCDS, Ramps, tools, and anything else I can think of. Lets make this a fun weekend!

Have Fun!

Don

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
Hey guys, it looks like i'm out on this one. :-(
The car's been falling apart with minor things, one after another. I've been doing constant little repairs and maintenance for 2 months. That threw the budget and trust in the car for a little while. Sorry. Have fun! Good luck on a Vegas GTG! woo- hoo!

Viiiiivaaaaa Las Vegas!

spleecho

I don't kill trees Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
1999.5 Golf TDI
Name: Bojan (spleecho)
Need work done? Maybe, injection quantity adjustment with vagcom and/or hammer-mod
Need a tune? No
Bringing: I can bring a 1000 watt generator and a compressor if needed, for food, anything really...

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
Hey guys, chiming in here a bit late, I know!

I had some interest in work a couple months ago when this gtg was first mentioned. I currently have one timing belt scheduled for 10 AM Saturday.

So let's make a work schedule up here:

10 AM) Clint--Timing belt and possible camshaft 2006 Jetta
2 PM) ??

I had interest in another belt and possible an intake cleaning job previously, I'll see if I can track down those people if they aren't checking here.

Also, when do we need to vacate the premises just so I can do my best to schedule work that won't make our generous hosts mad for staying too long? :)

temporaptor

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta TDI 11 335D M-Sport
also wondering if anyone booked a room yet? where are you staying if you have? im debating were i want to stay.............

Turanga

TDI
one
The shop that is hosting us on Saturday is normally open from 1 to 9pm, so there shouldn't be a huge rush to get out. They agreed to open up early, just for us :)