TDIclub Facebook page.....

vanbcguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'93 Passat - AHU mTDI with GTB1756VK
I can't say that it has really done much positive for the forum (vwdiesel.net); if anything quite the opposite. I'm an admin over there. Since the Facebook group we've seen a reduction in forum traffic for one. Searchability with Facebook is awful - the same questions just pop up again and again, no previous threads, no history, nobody can easily find anything so they just ask. Again. And again. And again.

We definitely have a ton of people, but the signal to noise ratio isn't great, and the "tribal knowledge" level is pretty low.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Millennium Falcon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta wagon, 1949 willys cj3 ALH TDI swap
I totally agree that build threads and stickys are far superior on the "forum" as is the search function. But, I think the FB page is nice for the social aspect. Being able to have conversations and post pictures is a little easier and more fun on facebook. Ive had the opportunity to meet and share info with some cool people on the VW facebook page. It definitely has some downsides as well. I can see how it would affect the forum trafic which is a bad things. I actually joined the VWdiesel FB page because no one was talking on the forum. I would ask a question and......crickets. Is this because they were all on FB? I love this forum and wouldnt want it to be negatively effected by a FB page, but it may also bring in some new traffic....

Millennium Falcon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta wagon, 1949 willys cj3 ALH TDI swap
I should also add that this forum is probably the nicest most supportive group I have been a part of... Everyone is so helpful and positive! When I first joined I expected the "google it" response, or similar. But that is not the case on TDI club. You guys are great! I am proud to have the TDI club stick on my back window.

dhangejr

Veteran Member
TDI
mk4 Jetta
Completely agree! This community is great and is 100% why I choose an older TDI vs a Prius! I was downgrading,if you will, from an m3 to something that gets good MOG.

That said the search function of Facebook is s joke. I realize sometimes I have repeat things to say after reading about them...I do throw those over on Facebook ;)

I'll just say thanks to everyone here. Cool crowd IMHO compared to bimmerforims or m3forums!