Adding launch control to alh

Sam-mubarak

Veteran Member
TDI
caddy mk2 van
Ive noticed on youtube this afternoon, that there's a few alh engined tdis running launch control. How is this added, is it just in the software, and can be activated somehow when I get my ecu socketed and mapped? Thanks, Sam

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Sam-mubarak

Veteran Member
TDI
caddy mk2 van
Yeah mines also a manual, but if the engine had a low set rev limit when setting off, say 2500 it would make life easier as you could just floor the pedal from the start.
The vids are easy to find, just search "tdi launch control" on youtube, Sam

Sent from htc desire HD using the dirtiest diesel power ...

TDI_

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI_
I am no expert but from the videos and comments it looks like a tune to the ECU that will do it for you. It is an ECU software and the guy says he got it from Kerma. Other claims it is from PowerBoost. Just my 2 cents.

Sam-mubarak

Veteran Member
TDI
caddy mk2 van
Yeah I noticed them 2 videos which mentioned that, but there was many more videos that didn't explain.

Im not in the us, so will have to find if my local guy who does my mapping is capable of doing this, Sam

s.pavel6

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta TDI, 98 Jetta TDI
By ALH you mean Mk4 vehicles, correct? And by launch control, do you mean ASR? ASR will limit wheel slip. Installing ASR just requires swapping the ABS pump and controller. No wiring required, if you don't want the disabling button. If you do, it's another 1 wire to run..

Sam-mubarak

Veteran Member
TDI
caddy mk2 van
No its a mk2 vw caddy van, its same as a early mk4 engine, the 90bhp ve engine. I mean launch control as in a low rev limit set for launching, say like 2.5k, Sam

Neukom720

TDI
1999.5 Jetta TDI
yea I wanna know more about this launch control i actually found this thread after watching both the videos you guys are talking about. They look the same as the 2 step systems on gas gars almost. I had it on my 240sx it was sooo nice cause I could make full boost standing still. ( I only ran 10 lbs of boost most of the time on my 240sx because I converted the naturally aspirated 2.4L inline 4 to turbo and left the internals of the engine alone so it still had rather high compression for a turbo car but it sure was fun!!!) It just got off the phone with Jeff at Rocketchip cause he is doing my RC Stage 3 for me this weekend and I plan on calling him on monday to see if he got my ecu yet and ask him a few questions about a possible launch control tune....we will see what he says