Old December 8th, 2017, 10:16   #3802
aja8888
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Out of TDI's
Fuel Economy: About as good as it gets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilhammer View Post
I am too, but not by choice.

I would, however, be thoughtful of planning for your future, as without children, you may not have someone to help with you as you age. So filling a driveway of a house that isn't even yours with expensive cars may not be the wisest economic decision unless you have a LOT of disposable income. Investment in real estate (your own, not someone else's) and sacking away as high of a percentage of your income before taxes as the gov't allows annually will pay out later in life.

And know that, as a car guy, this fact kinda sucks. But, that's the way it goes. Fortunately I can get "my fix" with cars and still earn a living. I could not imagine NOT having my career and my hobby being completely different. I certainly couldn't afford it.
Some great forward thinking and planning in Oilhammer's post. Not too many young people think about how to plan for the last few innings of their lives. I got serious about it at 50 (kind of late) and set myself up so that my daughter won't be burdened with me near the end. But she will be there if necessary.

And remember, our government that is generous with energy and environmental rebates for these expensive electric and hybrid cars won't be giving you any help when you may need it.
aja8888 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06850 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.98 Kb. compressed to 15.33 Kb. by saving 1.65 Kb. (9.74%)]