June 12th ny/nj/pa... Did you say PIGFEST? With ROCKETCHIP! and A BAND!! WooT!!

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
title says it all.. same place as last time.. 10 minutes from where NY, NJ, and PA meet on the map..
Joe will be the grill master again, and his band Mazmyth will be playing some tunes...

We'll provide the grill, beer, tables, horseshoe pit, lots of space, and a big fire pit.. You guys bring everything else, lol.. There will be a contribution bucket again for those of you that don't know what to bring.. That worked out well last time. every little bit is much appreciated..

there will be plenty of room for camping, everyone is welcome to stay the night..

Here's where it is.. 41.334184,-74.76612

6 georgi circle, milford, pa 18337

SATURDAY JUNE 12TH

Rocketchip is confirmed!!

So who's in?

Last edited:

rocketeer928

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed
I plan to be there. Easy two hour drive for me.

I'm wondering if there will be a Ho5G GTG around that time, though.

Last edited:

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Oh, We will.
Sorry to hear that you have to attend a "turn-left" carousel.

Is there a "sign-up" sheet for an audience with RocketChip? Place my name on it, please.

ACHTUNG TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS Sedan, Silver (sold); 2016 Jetta TSI 1.8t Sport, 5 sp, LP; 2014 BMW 328d xDrive Sport Wagon (wife's)
Count me in!!:) I'm glad Jeff will be there in case the list is too long at Impexfest.

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
03, 00, 04 MK4 sedans.... 02 MK4 Wagon
Yes.... It is here..... PIGFEST III/RocketChip/MazMyth..............WHAT!!!

Here is my band MazMyth performing Led Zeppelin song "Moby Dick" at The Break Contest @ The Chance theater in Poughkeepsie, NY.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BN665bgFcU

There will be a 60lb pig roasted, a turkey deep fried, and tons of other grillable goodies....

WHAT WE NEED:
Disposables: serving spoons, plastic: cups, forks, spoons, knives, plates, and bowls..... napkins, paper towels.

Beverages: liquor, beer, soda, juice, milk, bottled water, ice....

Food for the grill: People should bring any food items they can think of.... meat/fish/sausages/kielbasa/veggies/hot dogs/burgers

Cold salads: mac, pasta, potato, tortellini, bean etc......

Breads: hamburger/hot dog buns, hard rolls...etc

Food for the fryer: The sky is the limit.... I can make a beer batter or seasoned flour for anything imaginable so don't be scared to get creative..

Pans of food:
Any pans of hot food you want to bring (mac & cheese, beans, lasagna, etc) can be heated up and kept hot as I will provide steam tables w/bunson burners...

Heres what I'm bringing:
- 60lbs Kingsford charcoal for pig & grilling
- charcoal chimney
- a variety of spices & herbs to season anything people bring me to cook.
- my own secret recipe marinades
- sauces (buffalo, bbq, soy, teriyaki...etc)
- tools for cooking, full knife set, and cutting boards
- aluminum steam tables w/bunson burners. I can hold 10 pans of food hot.
- my band MazMyth!

Last edited:

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
rocketeer928 said:
This one is sort of funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mCcUZwNvlY&feature=related

So, which instrument are you playing, Joe? The video is kind of blurry.
Haha... that video was a couple years ago before I was in the band...
I play keyboards/synths/live electronics.... We can do some Ghostbusters @ Pigfest III.... Check out the link in my first post again.... I put up a different video of us playing Led Zeppelins Moby Dick.... Notice I am wearing a TDI t-shirt up on stage? LoL

btcost

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW, '00 Jetta (totaled 12/23/10), 1987 M-B 300D
I'm in.

Joe my buddy and I really want to cook a pig. You might have your self two assistants for this one.

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
I might be able to make this GTG. Any TDIclub GTG within a 700 mile radius ( ~ 1 tank) from home is fair game in my book. :cool:

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
btcost said:
I'm in.

Joe my buddy and I really want to cook a pig. You might have your self two assistants for this one.
Cool... I'll have the pig nearly done by the time you guys get there but some help carving it would be nice... I'll have all the knives needed.... I've got dibs on chopping the pigs head off with a cleaver!! The dogs have dibs on the 4 legs, and Jason's nephew has dibs on the eyeballs!! Yes, you will get to see a 6 year old eat pig eyeballs.

I will need some help... this thing gets bigger and bigger every year so there is always more food to prep and cook. My band and our friends will be there to see us and check out all the TDI's.... Diesel VW's, tons of food, camping, a 35ft tall bonfire, and a live band... sounds like a winner to me!

TopherDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
Definitely in, need a tune to match new nozzles.

Hopefully no hurricanes this time.

Oh - and I'll bring beverages of some sort - although I'll have to be taking it easy on the wobble pops, cause I'm sure I'll be testing the new tune on the way home.

Last edited:

GT2

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 mk4 5-spd conversion from automatic.
adamant628 said:
folks gotta stop scheduling weddings at the same time as tdi events.
Speaking of scheduling, Our world's most important endurance race is that weekend, is any one bringing the SPEED channel, Speed tv on the internet will have coverage when SPEED is not covering and Radio LeMans is full time coverage, do you have internet at the gathering site? I'm coming anyway!:D

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
GT2 said:
Speaking of scheduling, Our world's most important endurance race is that weekend, is any one bringing the SPEED channel, Speed tv on the internet will have coverage when SPEED is not covering and Radio LeMans is full time coverage, do you have internet at the gathering site? I'm coming anyway!:D
I'll bring my wireless router to hook up for the gathering.. I'm 95% sure they have a high speed connection..

steelmb

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Sounds like fun, but too bad it is so damn far. How many people did you have last year?

steelmb

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
TDIJetta99 said:
the first one last year we had 50-60 people.. I don't remember how many the 2nd one was.. probably about the same..

How far away are you?
Google is showing 2663 kms. 27 hours of driving which is about what it took 2 of us driving back from Cornwall ON in 95. So it would be about right.