2004 Golf bew 16725

Bewtdi

TDI
2001 Golf
Hi I recently bought a 2004 golf tdi in which I had a coolant temp sensor cel. I replaced that and rescaned and found out
I have a cel 16725 camshaft position sensor circuit-out of range/performance. Does anybody have any ideas on how to fix this thanks.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Check the wiring, unplug and replug the connector a couple of times if the wiring is intact and the unplugging/plugging trick doesn’t work, replace the sensor. The connector is right on the front of your engine behind the oil filter canister.

There are two connectors there one is grey, one is black. One goes to the cam sensor, the other to the crank sensor. The sensor itself is under the corner of the timing belt cover which you’ll have to remove. Do not drop anything down into the timing belt path. Or this will happen.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=477509

You may also want to pull your valve cover and inspect your cam while your at it. The 04 & 05 engines have a known issue with cam wear.

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
A new grommet will also be needed if you do change the cam sensor. Be choosy where you purchase the new sensor.

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
Try the dealer. That way you know the part is genuine. I found out the hard way.