dpf issues and wanting an exhaust kit

jacksonm

TDI
2013 vw gold tdi 6spd manual
hey guys!
i have a 2013 golf vi 6 spd and i have currently an egr delete and a cold air intake and i had a racechip gts (which is total garbage) i uninstalled the racechip. now my dpf light comes on intermittently and i want to delete it. i found this turbo back exhaust by milltek and i like it a lot. i am just wondering if anyone on here has experience with a dpf delete/ or this exhaust kit with the dpf delete. (the exhaust kit i will link in the bottom)any information is helpful so don't hesitate to respond with any thoughts! thanks!

https://www.kmdtuning.com/milltek?product_id=2507

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Read this first:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=396162

You are going to pay a high price for that kit and a tune to make it all work. Why not just find out what is needed to fix the dpf and go with that? Plenty of people have done what you are asking but it is getting more and more attention from the government now days. You already wasted money on a cold air intake that isn't needed at all due to the perfectly fine one that comes on the car stock. That may even have something to do with your issue.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
hey guys!
i have a 2013 golf vi 6 spd and i have currently an egr delete and a cold air intake
I stopped reading here, went outside for a long smoke to calm down, came back inside, 10 minutes later I delete 90% of my reply and leave you with this!
I highly suggest putting the OEM parts back on. You clearly don’t have a proper education on what is good and BAD for your car, especially a TDI.
You're doing things 100% back a$$wards and what you’re asking and what you have done is actually against our forum rules and a federal law that you DO NOT do that. Unless you’re going off road, put it back to stock emissions. What you’re doing is a very very..... there I go again!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Look..... talk to a tuner, build to a goal you have of either $ or HP, don’t deviate and use proper parts.
Your CAI is literally destroying very expensive parts and actually robbing you of hp and..... there I go again :mad::mad::mad::mad:
oh man you need to read up son! Don’t do what we all did 20 years ago and toss ridiculous stupid parts at your car for hood bling and popular mythical auto lure!

Last edited:

JesseTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI, Premium package
So you found an exaust you like and are willing to pay say between $1300-$1800 for it. Are you also willing to pay the $500 to tune the car to make your car run after you delete the DPF? If you dont you will have a completely useless car with a shiny new exaust you can look at in your driveway as it will constantly be in "limp" mode with a dashboard lit up like a christmas tree. Your best route is to return your car to stock, make a plan, save up money to do it right. Your cold air intake is utterly useless on a TDI the stock intake is more than capable of flowing more air than your engine needs at any power level remotely affordable. Your intake charge is pulled through a hot turbocharger after your intake then passes through an intercooler before reaching the engine, therefore your "cold air intake" does nothing but separate you from your money and introduce unknown variables to a complex system that need to be accounted for when diagnosing problems.

Last edited:

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
That's not a tdi exhaust. It's for a gti/gli.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
i love these threads!.
hope OP dont get scared off and learns instead how to have a monster build and a fun car on a low budget. vs spending it on hood bling!
dont get discouraged JacksonM, we all started somewhere and most of us had to learn like you are about whats a good vs bad idea!
these cars aint no fast and furious BS, but they can really be fun on the road and the wallet if dont correctly!
your going to make 10x the power you will with your mods if you just spend the $$ on a good tune from Malone and maybe a bit more fuel injection but not much. Darkside and kerma are also excellent performance shops. look into them. contact them and move forward with what they recommend on your $ budget. DPF is not a big issue and it does not really sap that much power and wont be a restriction for quite a while. By the time it is a restriction, you will have spend well more than 4 grand on engine parts, at that point is more of a drop in the bucket.
hope this helps

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Depending where in "Pennsylvania" the OP is, he should get in touch with Jeff at RocketChip and pay him a visit. He will diagnose your problem and set you up with a great tune. Oh, and before you do that, toss the cold air intake in the trash and put the stock filter back in...

jacksonm

TDI
2013 vw gold tdi 6spd manual
right now my car stays parked as it is a mess. i need to get a hold of a tuner is what needs to happen first. once my car actually runs i am going to dabble with a malone or kerma tune. thanks for the advice, its apperciated