TDIFest 2016 is coming to Wisconsin

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
It's back up. TDIClub has been experiencing some exceptionally high loads yesterday and today... should be resolved for now.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
These things love to happen when I'm out of town with limited internet/cell phone connectivity.

Gotta keep it interesting! :)

11JSWTDI

TDI
2011 Jetta SW 6MT(sold)
Registration completed and hotel reserved. Looking forward to my first TDIFest!

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I'm glad to hear that things are moving along without issue (for now). :D

I just ran a registration report, and there are about 10 people who have started registrations, but not completed payment. In order to be entered into the free suite upgrade raffle, you must have a hotel reservation and your registration must be complete and paid in full by June 15th. If you attempted to pay earlier this week and received an error, please log back in to http://events.tdiclub.com and check out. You can pay with a PayPal account or with a credit card through PayPal (without creating an account).

Thanks!

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Just a couple more days left until the end of the early bird registration raffle! Register for the event and reserve a hotel room by June 15th and you could win a free suite upgrade at the hotel! :cool:

Event information: http://wiki.tdifest.com
Event registration: http://events.tdiclub.com

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
N1DAS & Lisa are all-in registered and hotel booked. Planning to arrive on Thursday to rest up after driving 1240 miles. Planning to bring the 535d. :cool:

Last edited:

Fix_Until_Broke

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03 Jetta, 03 TT TDI
From the http://wiki.tdifest.com page:

Making a hotel reservation is a separate process, which is also described in the TDIFest wiki page.

Please make sure you see the wiki page for the available room types, as there are several options.
I got registered on the forums and signed up for the fest activities (boy, that was a very complicated and confusing process), but the hotel is closed (I didn't know that hotel's close?) so I left a message.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I got registered on the forums and signed up for the fest activities (boy, that was a very complicated and confusing process), but the hotel is closed (I didn't know that hotel's close?) so I left a message.
It's a small family-run resort and they don't staff the reservations department 24/7 like a large chain hotel would. They should be open now if you'd like to call in and make a reservation.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
N1DAS & Lisa are all-in registered and hotel booked. Planning to arrive on Thursday to rest up after driving 1240 miles. Planning to bring the 535d. :cool:
I thought that you guys were going to the Boston Grand Prix? I'm waiting to hear back on a consulting proposal that I have submitted. Might not be able to make it to Fest this time.

Last edited:

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
The GP was going to disturb the Piping Plovers in the wetlands.

Those pesky environmentalists.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Boston GP has been canceled.
Roger that. They had one in Baltimore a few years back. It was supposed to a five year deal, but it was very poorly organized and caused major problems because the course was in the Inner Harbor area and it disrupted traffic. It was cancelled after running for two years. The Andretti organization ran it the second year, but even they couldn't save it.
Cost the City millions.

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
I thought that you guys were going to the Boston Grand Prix? I'm waiting to hear back on a consulting proposal that I have submitted. Might not be able to make it to Fest this time.
The IndyCar Grand Prix of Boston event was cancelled on 4/29. The organizers got blindsided at the last minute by a wetlands permit issue. After a long struggle with city and state officials in securing permits etc., the wetlands permit came as a surprise was the final straw. The wetlands permit issue arose after Boston's maps of the area were updated in late 2015. Some of the grandstand construction projects are on areas now designated as wetlands. Existing buildings and roads are grandfathered but new construction is not and requires a permit from the feds to build on wetlands. Organizing the GPB event was already in process when Boston updated their maps. Everything appeared to be all set to go until the organizers found out at the last minute that they need to get a permit from the feds to build on wetlands. IMHO, I say there is grounds to challenge it given the timing of everything involved but the organizers chose not to.

The organizers were advised by city officials to not begin selling tickets until it was all a done deal. Well, they went ahead anyway and started ticket sales in mid-March. Everything looked like it was a done deal and going to happen...or so they thought. I bought pre-sale tickets in March and got reserved grandstand seats. I got the best possible seats without having to spend the big bucks for any of the club seating packages. The wetlands permit issue surfaced a few weeks later and 22,000 tickets have been sold to date. Now with the event cancelled, the organizers are broke and don't have any money to refund ticket sales. They have made refunds to some ticket purchasers but I'm not one of them. I'm currently out $195/ticket x 2 tickets and haven't got my refund yet. :mad: There is talk of legal action to make ticket purchasers whole again. It may take a while to get resolved. Meanwhile, IndyCar has filed a lawsuit against GPB organizers for damages and breach of contract. It's still a developing story. IIRC, the Labor Day weekend Grand Prix event originally planned for Boston will be held at Watkins Glen, NY.

Anyhow, TDIfest 2016 is Plan B for Lisa and I. :cool:

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I was just going through the list of hotel reservations and what rooms are still available, and it looks like we have several room categories that are either sold out or have limited availability.

As of 6/16, categories with limited availability are as follows:

Fisherman's Village (discount motel-style rooms) @ $109/night
  • 1 queen rooms: SOLD OUT
  • 1 king rooms: only 2 rooms left
  • 2 queen rooms: only 4 rooms left

Main Lodge standard rooms @ $149/night
  • 1 king rooms: only 1 room left

As of 6/16, categories with plenty of availability are as follows:
  • main lodge 2 queen rooms @ $149/night
  • main lodge junior 1 king suites @ $219/night
  • main lodge 1-bedroom suites with 1 queen and 1 sleeper sofa @ $219/night

We are 1/3 of our hotel rooms booked right now and we anticipate selling out by the end of July. If we don't sell out by July 31st, all unsold rooms will be opened up to public sales (non-TDIFest), guaranteeing a sellout prior to TDIFest.

Don't delay - book soon! This is going to be a great 20th anniversary bash! :D

PS: room availability is updated weekly at http://wiki.tdifest.com

Last edited:

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
There's a problem with registering right now, my Dad just tried to register but it keeps taking him to a registration page for 2015

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
Have the menu's been determined? I get "This topic does not exist yet" when I click on the link in the registration.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
When registering for the Fest, I sent $60 in thru PayPal as a Contributor not realizing I had to sign up as an Enthusiast ($100) to add my wife to the registration. Anyone know how I can fix this so I can add her to the Fest roster? :confused::confused:

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
When registering for the Fest, I sent $60 in thru PayPal as a Contributor not realizing I had to sign up as an Enthusiast ($100) to add my wife to the registration. Anyone know how I can fix this so I can add her to the Fest roster? :confused::confused:
Donate another $40 to TDIClub?

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Fred fixed me up.

I am registered for the three days with wife Evelyn.

She already is complaining about driving that far in the old 2003 Jetta (ha!). I told her I would buy a lambskin cover for the passenger seat. The 2014 Passat is staying home.

We will visit her sister in Tomahawk, WI for a few days during this trip. So that should make up for the uncomfortable ride.

Our trip is over 1,300 miles each way.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
My drive is just about the same: 1,250 or so depending on the route. I think Parker the wonder dog won't be very happy about that distance, either. I think MKIV cars are incredibly easy to drive long distances. Maybe a bit noisy, but the steering and visibility out is great. I even like the seats. The only problem I have is my left elbow gets sore, not enough padding on the door armrest.