View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2019, 06:09   #3
relumalutan
Veteran Member

Yep, MANN Provent seems to be the best solution. I just bought one but I have the following concerns regarding installing it:
1. Location: probably the best would be to somehow attach it to the oil filter housing. Unfortunately for me, I already have a dieselgeek oil bypass already installed in that place. One member has installed his in the driver side behind the fog light cover. I am still debating where to install mine, I am taking in consideration installing it behind the engine block.
2 Freezing temperatures leading to clogging (I live in MI). I ahve found a company that makes a sort of electric blanket for MANN Provent to keep it warm while the engine runs, I am still researching a option to keep the hose leading to and from the Provent warm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdawg89 View Post
I think every BRM on the road probably leaks from there, it’s a problematic union.

I wonder if there is an oil separator or anything in the valve cover that could fail and cause excess oil to go into the intake?

I think IDParts sells some kind of oil catch thingy made by Mann Hummel, might be called a provent or something like that.

Found it. https://www.idparts.com/mann-provent-200-p-2334.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page generated in 0.07114 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.53 Kb. compressed to 14.92 Kb. by saving 1.62 Kb. (9.77%)]