Audi Q7 may get diesel for U.S.

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Audi Q7 may get diesel for U.S.

Audi, which plans to introduce a hybrid version of its Q7 SUV in the United States in 2008, also is considering a diesel version.

Audi has not had a diesel-powered vehicle in the United States since it offered a turbocharged diesel with an automatic transmission in the 1982-83 Audi 5000.

"We're strongly looking into that," said Wolfgang Hoffmann, director of product planning for Audi of America Inc.

jimlockey

Veteran Member
TDI
14 TDI Jetta & 09 TDI Sportwagen
Rather than rush an Audi diesel to the US, I would rather see VW send more Jetta and Passat diesels.

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
They probably have their hands tied in that department due to EPA regulations, which requires that any given automaker's corporate fleet-average NOx emissions do not exceed 0.07 g/mile, which the Diesel portion of the fleet currently do not meet.

Audi selling a Diesel Q7 would work because it would be considered a different OEM entity to Volkswagen.

BogdansTDI

TDI
Bora, 2003, Tornado Red
I would take both VW and Audi TDI's. Audi is alot more supperior when it comes to options and TDI. OHH my I loved it when I went back to Romania and rented A4 Avant TDI, 6sp, 2.5TDI, it was unbelievable, it was unreal, but the best.... would buy one right now...

Stephen P

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 97 Green
"The audi 4000 82-83 also offered a Diesel. a 1.6 53 HP diesel."

Yea my family had two, and we had the same engine option inside our 82 Volkswagen Vanagon. What a waste, these diesels were crap and they neither one made it past 120,000k miles. On the other hand my Mercedes 240D was also around 58hp but needed an additional 0.8L to achieve the same amount of power. The audi accelerated faster and had a smoother stick shift than the benz and cost a lot less.

rensho

Would like to see Audi bring an A3/4/6 tdi in first, rather than a Q7 that we won't buy initially; waiting for the bugs to work out.

Jeef

TDI
1999.5 Silver Arrow
does anyone know if will this be a diesel hybrid?? or gas only in the hybrid?

BogdansTDI

TDI
Bora, 2003, Tornado Red
Nu am inchiriat din Munich, prin www.europcar.com
Daca te uiti la Special offers, airlines advantage, iti da fiecare din airlines un cod pentru reducere 10%.
Pentru 31 zile fara limita de Km, a fost $1,100 (2004 Audi Avant 2.5 TDI)
alte intrebari (lapustean@hotmail.com)...Noroc