Crbb ea288 cam upgrade

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
Cylinder head, pistons, cam cover. Possibly some other things I'm unaware of. I'm planning to do something like this in the spring, have done quite a lot of parts cross referencing to check fitment but without actually having done it there could be some unknown obstacles.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

fergyp

TDI
gtb'd fabia vrs
Cylinder head, pistons, cam cover. Possibly some other things I'm unaware of. I'm planning to do something like this in the spring, have done quite a lot of parts cross referencing to check fitment but without actually having done it there could be some unknown obstacles.

Surely you can just swap the cam module only thing I can think of if there's any valve to piston clearence issues

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
Different valve layout entirely as well as valve reliefs in the pistons to match. I'm assuming your CRBB is comparable enough to the CRUA 150hp sold over here though.

Last edited:

fergyp

TDI
gtb'd fabia vrs
Different valve layout entirely as well as valve reliefs in the pistons to match. I'm assuming your CRBB is comparable enough to the CRUA 150hp sold over here though.

Not sure if the CRUA is the same as crbb, so there's no chance of swapping cams easy as I thought, I think the CUNA has variable cam timing whether there's any look with that

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
Cross referencing part numbers is the key here and will tell you most of what you need to know.