Swapping DSG from $500 Donor Car + other items

phantom1260

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Jetta GL IDI, 2010 Jetta TDI (Sold)
I picked up another 2010 Jetta TDI CJAA Highline with an LQV DSG to swap into my Jetta Lowline. Reason for the swap is the Mechatronic on my Jetta needs to be replaced. Since the DMF needs to be replaced as well and the transmission will be coming off anyways I figured swapping the DSG is a good option.

The donor car has not had the emissions recall completed. As I understand it there is also an update to the DSG software when they complete the recall. So I will have to get the recall completed before I do the swap.

The donor car also has other parts that I would like to swap over to my Lowline Jetta.

Multi Function Steering Wheel
Leather Seats
Cluster? - If I swap over the CECM and the steering wheel would I get the additional options on the existing cluster or would I need to swap the cluster as well?
Bluetooth
TPMS? - not sure how this works on the Jetta but if possible I would like to swap over that as well.

Reason I'm swapping everything over instead of keeping the donor Highline:

The donor car has less mileage but the body is in worse shape. The previous owner used spray paint at home to deal with the rust. It also needs most suspension parts refreshed as well as brakes and rotors. No information on the timing belt either. Whereas I have already done all these on my existing Jetta.

The donor also has a boost leak which I will be investigating before I drop it off for the recall. Although there is no check engine light on right now I would not want them to send me back because of the leak.

Mach1

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
05.5 Jetta 5 spd, 06 Jetta DE DSG, 04 F250 6L, 2000 F250 7.3L
Man good score, a spare car for $500!!! One part from the dealership will cost that much.

phantom1260

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Jetta GL IDI, 2010 Jetta TDI (Sold)
I have both transmissions now removed from the cars. I'm also changing the DMF on my car at this time. Ran into some trouble getting the pilot bearing out. Going to try to pick up a pilot bearing puller tomorrow and see how that goes.