No more phone or Bluetooth

6thgear

TDI
2011 Jetta
All of a sudden my radio stopped conNecting to my phone or my wife's phone. If I hit the phone button all it does is mute the radio. Anyone else experience this?

RebelTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Audi Q5 TDI, 2016 BMW 535d Xdrive
You may want to shut the phones off, turn on and then reactivate the bluetooth connection on the phone.

Dimon80

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
Here're the steps I would take:
- Delete the device (car) on your phone from bluetooth menu
- Turn bluetooth off
- Restart the phone
- Turn bluetooth on and into 'discover' mode
- Pair the phone with the car (instructions in the manual)

If you don't have the manual for the phone, do a goodle search and most of them are available online. The above steps usually work, but if they won't then I'd see a dealer (if the car is still under the warranty)

bluelineman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI 6MT
Resync how? I don't have a phone menu
See below. That's what I was talking about. Delete the VW from your phone & re-pair them.

Here're the steps I would take:
- Delete the device (car) on your phone from bluetooth menu
- Turn bluetooth off
- Restart the phone
- Turn bluetooth on and into 'discover' mode
- Pair the phone with the car (instructions in the manual)

If you don't have the manual for the phone, do a goodle search and most of them are available online. The above steps usually work, but if they won't then I'd see a dealer (if the car is still under the warranty)

TDI
2012 Jetta Sedan TDI
Just an update. I unplugged the Bluetooth module. Plugged back in and all seems to be working. Cool
Where is the module located? Did you unplug and re-plug with power off or on?

Mine just stopped syncing last night and I spent an hour deleting profiles and trying to re-sync. At first I thought it was just a ROM I had flashed causing problems, but since the microphone button on the steering wheel stopped working as well I figured something was wrong. Doesn't sync with wife's phone anymore either.

EDIT: Found where it's located. Going to give it a try with power off first and see if that fixes the problem.

Last edited:

Jettagain

TDI
2012 Jetta (Prem/Nav/DSG)
The module is under the passenger seat. Mine has been doing this for a while as well. I have noticed that when it isn't working, the phone has a message stating the phone book is being accessed and it will actually keep flashing this on the phone eventually draining the phone battery. I tried re-pairing, deleting and re-installing....finally unplugged the BT module and it did start working correctly again. Never had to do this in any of my other vehicles...but i make that statement a lot with my Jetta....:)

Archmetal

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
Fix

Looks like the unplug and replug of the module under the passenger seat seems to be the fix for me. Tried this and it fixed the issue!! Thank you.