Oklahoma GTG? Anyone interested?

WutGas?

Veteran Member
TDI
The Last Real Jetta Sedan
Not sure if these ever happen or if anyone has some insight to anything locally, but I was curious if there are enough people from OK on here to have a get together?
If there's any interest, let me know.
Attendees:
T.J.K.
Tulsa (Lewis)
arneeche
Rickstah
ZiggyTheHamster

Meeting Place Suggestions:
Hideaway Pizza in Tulsa
Rock Cafe in Stroud

Rock Cafe in Stroud - June 9 / Gonna shoot for this date. Who is in?

Only one confirmed so I am guessing this date won't work.

Last edited:

arneeche

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI (former), 2012 Jetta TDI (Former), 2014 JSW TDI
im in

I'm down for June 9

Last edited:

arneeche

Veteran Member
TDI
someone needs to let ray g know. I'm sure he'd be in

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
NB, 2002, green, Eurotek STG1
(skids into the thread, shoes smoking) I'm in! That is, if Larry get's Christine done this week :). How many of you have been in the Okie group for several years? We've done a couple of these, but I got out, ran with scooter trash for awhile, although kept driving the Jetta.

I live in Yukon, and it would be great to see Ray again, he did the last work on my car.

WutGas?

Veteran Member
TDI
I never have been in it. I am new the TDI world and would just like to meet a few other people who have TDIs. I just enjoy meeting new people with similar interests.

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
We used to have several meetups, and would get together on Saturday mornings for a bite, then a drive. I think we went to Ray's once, or maybe we went to Tulsa and Ray met us, I've slept since then :). Jobs changed, people moved on, things like that, but I bet we could get some more together. I know three people just where I work who drive TDIs, I will start talking it up.

I don't think we've ever had a fullblown GTG here, although Ray probably has hosted some fandangos that could be described as such :). Ray, where are you man?? I've been to some in Texas where lots of wrenching and such, not to mention testing of tuning components :), was done.

Anyway, I'm back in the swing, hopefully. My son was driving Christine but I think I'm going to get him a gasser for his college jaunts locally and get back into playing with the car. Christine got totaled by the hailstorm in February here a couple of years ago, and it sort of took the wind out of my sails for a bit, lol. May be time to sell the BMW bike and move back into 4 wheels...not as exciting but don't need the rainsuit :). Thanks for starting this up, I'm hip for about anything.

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
There's also a fellow by the name of Gary S around here, drove a silver wagon, will see if I can scare him up. Let me check some of my old notes.

tulsa

TDI
2004 Jetta TDI
How about a Hideaways Pizza here in Tulsa, any place in OKC with parking or a good place to eat in between?
Lewis

WutGas?

Veteran Member
TDI
I'd be willing to drive to Tulsa for a get together. I am open to OKC or Tulsa.

We need to spread the word for the next couple weeks and then we can come up with a location.

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
There's a well-known cafe about midway, I think, has been in the "Is this a great state or what" series here...right now I can't think of the name, but will look it up, may be an option. Maybe we can drop in on Ray with burgers! :) Is he around? Hope he didn't get sucked into a jet engine!

WutGas?

Veteran Member
TDI
This could be an option. It is in Stroud, has quite a history, and my wife and I ate there last year and it was fun, although not a big place. Room to park our cars from what I recall.

http://www.roadfood.com/Restaurant/Reviews/3536/rock-cafe

http://rockcafert66.com/
I could live with that place. I am going to start editing the first post since we seem to have a few people that would be willing to participate as well as the places to meet suggestions. When we get a few more people we can do a vote on where to do it, although I think the Stroud place would be great for everyone.

I also wanted to let everyone know that I do photography as a hobby and will be bringing a camera setup to take some good pictures of everyone's rides or you :)(If you interested of course).

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
Good gosh, mine is still in-process from recovering from the hailstorm that killed it, lol. No pics of Christine! :)

I think the Rock Cafe may also have some outside seating, or some pergola action of some sort. I've asked them about group sizes on their FB page, will get back on it.

WutGas?

Veteran Member
TDI
Good gosh, mine is still in-process from recovering from the hailstorm that killed it, lol. No pics of Christine! :)

I think the Rock Cafe may also have some outside seating, or some pergola action of some sort. I've asked them about group sizes on their FB page, will get back on it.
Being a photographer Rick, I can take any imperfections out in photoshop :) lol

Thanks for checking with the cafe.

Stroud is reasonably close to Tulsa and OKC, so that's cool with me.
I definitely agree, but it doesn't really matter to me.

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
LOL, I deal in visual technology, too, and PS would be hard-pressed to hide the miles :).

I happen to know on good authority that Ray is alive and well, and may well be coerced into participating in our little shindig once we nail down a date and time :). Well...he's alive, anyway :)

arneeche

Veteran Member
TDI
any developments on this? a proposed date/location?

WutGas?

Veteran Member
TDI
I've been waiting to see who else is up for it, hoping some others would just see this thread. Not looking like it is going to happen.

What do you all think about 5 people having a quick get together?

tulsa

TDI
2004 Jetta TDI
I've been waiting to see who else is up for it, hoping some others would just see this thread. Not looking like it is going to happen.

What do you all think about 5 people having a quick get together?
I am for a quick GTG, just to get things started.

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm hip for it, but this weekend is shot, in fact I will be over there (Tulsa) someplace for the weekend but won't have Christine along, but why don't we put down the next few Saturdays as options and get a vote or something. I'd like to get Ray in on this...he's in deep at work and I sense he needs a break :). If you get a critical mass of guys, go ahead and schedule it, don't wait on me

WutGas?

Veteran Member
TDI
This weekend is shot for me as well. Too much going on Memorial Day weekend.

I am going to edit the first post with a few dates and see who can come. We will go from there.

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
TJ, if you and/or any other OKC area guys want to meet for lunch during the week, I'm good with that. I work just west of Reno and Morgan Road, so can zip to about anywhere no worries. I'm good anytime after 11 AM...except today...my son graduates HS tomorrow so he's running around all over getting ready, I got the Burb today :)

Rickstah

Veteran Member
TDI
Two days ago that would have been a go for me, but had to change vacation plans, so will be busy that weekend, sorry, don't wait on me, though. Where two or three are gathered...:)

arneeche

Veteran Member
TDI
is this still happening this weekend? because I am good to go