vw dealers selling fixed and buyback tdi"s..

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi auto rc2 2013 passat tdi 2015 passat tdi auto 2011 jetta tdi nav. s'roof..man. dpf delete 1970 GTO JUDGE 520 HP
Just bought another passat tdi today.. they are selling bought back and fixed cars cars...I was told here earlier that this could not be.. The sales manager differs..

tenacious84

TDI
'13 Passat SEL
When were you told? It's common knowledge they have been doing this for well over a month....

tenacious84

TDI
'13 Passat SEL
Surfstar is the only person in that thread which had a useful response. He gave examples, everyone else was speculating on something they hadn't even taken 5 minutes to research. Do a basic search on Craigslist or any national car search engine in the last month and it's flooded with fixed 2.0 vehicles from both private parties and dealers.

I did agree with one thing said in the other thread, it's surprising that most people aren't advertising the extended warranty of these vehicles.

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi auto rc2 2013 passat tdi 2015 passat tdi auto 2011 jetta tdi nav. s'roof..man. dpf delete 1970 GTO JUDGE 520 HP
my dealer's manager is selling buybacks..I asked her 5 times.. she was adamant.. we ARE selling buybacks...I looked at a couple that were "buybacks" according to her.. Bought a 2013 passat SEL.3 days ago.that according to her is a buyback..checked carfax.. and it WAS sold back to VW corp. in June 2017 and then in my dealers inventory..now I have it:D

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
It is possible that VW was granted approval to do this without that approval having been made public (or maybe it was made public, but I/we missed the memo). It was only a matter of time before this happened. No big deal ...

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
I have only seen Gen 3 buybacks for sale so far (2015's). It sounds like Gen 2's may be for sale now as well. I have yet to see any Gen 1 buybacks (2009-2014 MK6's) for sale.

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
It is possible that VW was granted approval to do this without that approval having been made public (or maybe it was made public, but I/we missed the memo). It was only a matter of time before this happened. No big deal ...
Well..... I thought it was a big deal:D..they had 2 others there also..2015 passats (not "new")..i bought the 2013..

mz1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 GTD Stage III / 2015 Touareg TDI LUX Stage II
I have only seen Gen 3 buybacks for sale so far (2015's). It sounds like Gen 2's may be for sale now as well. I have yet to see any Gen 1 buybacks (2009-2014 MK6's) for sale.
This is what I am interested in knowing....are they doing Gen 1 buyback sells? Does anyone know?

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
This is what I am interested in knowing....are they doing Gen 1 buyback sells? Does anyone know?
Give it time.. I'm sure they will be available soon!

JCG57

TDI
'09 Jetta
Got my last oil change today. Now it's time to ride this horsey hard for another 15k -20k miles before turning it in wet to VDub late next year. Buyer beware!

Borsig

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2015 GSW SEL (buyback), 2011 JSW (sold)
Got my last oil change today. Now it's time to ride this horsey hard for another 15k -20k miles before turning it in wet to VDub late next year. Buyer beware!
And this is why I'm buying one with 19K and documented service records.

Mine will have 70K and perfect maintenance.

Hope the next car you buy gives exactly what you deserve.

JCG57

TDI
'09 Jetta
And this is why I'm buying one with 19K and documented service records.

Mine will have 70K and perfect maintenance.

Hope the next car you buy gives exactly what you deserve.
You're right. I will horribly abuse this car. I deserve a total lemon for my next car. And what do you deserve for being so stupid that you wasted money on "perfect maintenance" on a car you will be dumping back to VW?

Syndicate

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Q7 TDI Sline, 09 335d
You're right. I will horribly abuse this car. I deserve a total lemon for my next car. And what do you deserve for being so stupid that you wasted money on "perfect maintenance" on a car you will be dumping back to VW?
Wow.

Taking care of things is considered a waste...