View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2019, 11:05   #51
icecap
Veteran Member

I joined in 2007 after having bought a new 2006 Jetta TDI. I found lots of useful help and information on this site as well as having joined a local TDI group that held regular GTG's that were fun and something to look foreword to. Sadly the group disbanded after a couple of years. I attempted to put out feelers for anyone interested in forming a new group but found there was no more interest or chemistry with the people that I met. I attended TDI fest 2010 in Portland.

Still daily driving the TDI which has nearly 140K miles (230K Km's) on it now. It has been a fairly reliable car with the exception of the camshaft issue, a failed DMF due to collapsed dampening springs, a failed rad fan motor and most recently a burned out glow plug. Although my cars reliability has probably been better than average I will never buy another VW product due to how I was treated and my problem was dismissed as I was facing a camshaft failure as the car still had warranty and then extended warranty. Since I work in an industry heavily reliant on Used Oil Analysis I started monitoring my oil as soon as I found out about the BRM camshaft issues. The iron content of my oil was well beyond any acceptable norms even while the car was still under conventional warranty and when I got my final oil sample results printed in red advising me to not drive the car since I had a failure in progress they still refused to fix it so I pissed away $2,600 for extended warranty and still had to fix it on my dime.

Went through a phase of trying to get a bit more performance and had some fun running a tuning box with mixed results and gave up on it when I got tired of its quirks. I was going to get a Malone tune but finally couldn't be bothered with that either and ended up getting a Corvette instead. I get my thrills now in a gasoline powered vehicle. The savings driving a diesel offset the gas the Corvette uses, I love being green lol.

Last edited by icecap; February 1st, 2020 at 15:10.
icecap is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06628 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.50 Kb. compressed to 14.81 Kb. by saving 1.69 Kb. (10.27%)]