View Single Post
Old August 7th, 2011, 10:47   #2
TDiSkater
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 35 Winter/41 Summer

Actually lots of cold engine performance posts and threads on topic. Assuming it is what a number of us experience, you'll figure out how to get it going with minimum bucking. It was actually my newbie fear on this issue that I found TDI club.

I have DSG tranny also and I drive it in D until I get my first shift, then I drop it to S and run in up to 2500+ RPMs for the first mile. Drop it back to drive and motor on. From what I've read, particularly some posts from Oilhammer, there are a number of engine adjustments and flaps that have to set. Which is what is suspected as the cause of this behavior. Mine has done this from day one and it's not a biggie. I did have dealer check early on and they said normal (at least "VW" normal )

Some report DSG issues when cold, I don't seem to have that as I can tell, but advice that seems to work for them is to not immediately put foot from brake to accelerator (2 second pause at a light or stop). Something about the computer sending a clutch command.

Oh, one other suggestion. Try to run up some RPMs before stopping. I park in a lot at work with several close stop signs. I usually run my car around the small lot before hitting those signs. Takes 20 seconds and I experience very little bucking.

VW-OEM European Steel Skidplate | 35% LLumar Tint all around | Pano Sunroof | ScanGauge II | WeatherTech Weatherflectors and Digital Fit Floorliners l Faux TDI Mirror Etching l RGM Bumper Guard | Conti PureContact | Non-OEM Aspherical Mirrors - $3 Blind Spot Mirror | 70,000 miles |

Last edited by TDiSkater; August 7th, 2011 at 11:04.
TDiSkater is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07069 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.32 Kb. compressed to 14.63 Kb. by saving 1.69 Kb. (10.37%)]