Recommend a dealer in MD for emissions fix

Dirty

TDI
2014 Golf TDI
I need a recommendation for a dealer with a good service department in the MD/DC/VA area to have the emissions fix done. The one nearest where I live seems really sketchy. They wanted me to leave the car with them for two weeks and could not give a good explanation why. Instead of just rolling the dice with another dealer I am hoping for a recommendation on a dealer with a known good service department.
Thanks.

Ripster

TDI
2014 Passat SEL TDI (sold), 2015 Passat SEL TDI, 2005 Cummins
Do not use Heritage VW in Owings Mills. I was very displeased with the service department. I had good luck with Fitzgerald VW in Annapolis.

TheresJohnnie

TDI
2015 Golf S TDI
I would like an answer to this to; I’ve been putting off the fix too long. I know someone in another thread didn’t have a good experience with Ourisman VW Bethesda. Which dealer wanted to keep your car for two weeks?

JoshMcMadMac

TDI
NMS Passat SE
I have had good experiences with Sharrett VW in Hagerstown. Their service department has been easy to work with and professional the few times I have been in there.

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
I have had good experiences with Sharrett VW in Hagerstown. Their service department has been easy to work with and professional the few times I have been in there.

I use them all the time. They are very professional and always upfront with me.

Dirty

TDI
2014 Golf TDI
The dealer that wanted the car for 2 weeks was Ourisman VW Waldorf.

On a different forum I was warned to stay away from Cook VW in Bel Air as well as Darcars and Ourisman in Laurel.

I was told Fitzgerald in Annapolis is good as well as Heritage VW in Parkville.

I am going to go with Fitzgerald Annapolis since I see it recommended here too.

Last edited:

JoshMcMadMac

TDI
NMS Passat SE
The dealer that wanted the car for 2 weeks was Ourisman VW Waldorf.

On a different forum I was warned to stay away from Cook VW in Bel Air as well as Darcars and Ourisman in Laurel.
I bought my VW from Darcars in 2014. My friend was the recently-hired sales manager, which is what pulled me in; he left within a few months. I have not dealt with them since, but would not recommend them based on my experience.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
My 2015 Jetta SEL 6 Speed Manual was at Ourisman Bethesda for 18 days with all kinds of Excuses....and it blew a pipe and a CEL less than an a Mile after picking it up......No problems since.