2015 golf 6spd

lessm723

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI (sold) 2013 Jetta TDI (sold) 2015 Golf TDI
Looking at a 2015 golf tdi 6 speed with 77k. Any items to pay particular attention to? It's a silver sel with the lighting package. Trading my 13 tdi Jetta dsg with 72k. Really just wanting a little better fuel economy and to shift gears again. Thanks for all the help.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
Ad says an SE. If it’s an SE the price seems a bit high to me for my area, if it’s an SEL price might be a bit better.

See what kind of maintenance stuff was recently done to it if any. Check for roof leaks by the pano roof, I hear that’s common, or semi common. Make sure it has the screw in pull hook for towing. Mine didn’t and I had to go back. If it has the cargo mat in the back make sure it comes with the plastic “L” shaped Velcro storage things. Mine didn’t and the dealer gave em to me for free later.

At 77k it would be due for a fuel filter in another 3k.

That’s just the stuff I can think of off the top of my head tbh. Others will add more or correct me.

Ohh one more thing, see if they can get you the MFI to lightning adaptor so you can use the built in “usb” but for VW propriety plug. Mine didn’t come with one and they wouldn’t give me one at my dealer but maybe you’ll get lucky lol. Even if you don’t use it get your moneys worth lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lessm723

TDI
Thanks. It's an sel. Vindecoder and Carfax say so. Carfax shoes no maintenance but I'm just guessing either he did himself or the place he took it didn't report. I have 7 days to test drive lol. Also only had phase one fix done so far at 15k.

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
Yeah with where you appear to be located, for sure check for leaking. Maybe even steer clear of a pano roof car tbh. Lots of people not a fan on them for leaking.

That being said, I have no issues with mine and j live in a monsoonal kinda area in So Cal.

Ohh and make sure it’s got the fender audio system. It’s a pretty good set up in my opinion.

Nickmk7

TDI
Mk7.5 GTI SE DSG 2002 Jetta TDI GLS M/T
Got my 2015 SEL manual 20k miles all options from Carvana for 19,200. Still had a year of cpo left on it.

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
Yeah to be honest they is more than j paid for my car. 2015 GSW SE DSG though. But I have the fender audio, pano roof and mine at the time was 56k miles and I got mine in January. Paid like 16-16.5k for mine if memory serves. Might have been less.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
glad to see dealers are asking so much.

remember if you want it cheaper wave 12-14K in cash in front of them and see if they bite.

Otherwise keep looking and don't be shy of looking a few 100 to a few thousand miles away.

lessm723

TDI
Biggest thing is I want a manual. And those things are always more!! Grrrrr. I paid 17,200. Hope it's as good I hope when I pick it up Thursday!

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
Biggest thing is I want a manual. And those things are always more!! Grrrrr. I paid 17,200. Hope it's as good I hope when I pick it up Thursday!

Keep in mind overpaying is also relative. If it’s really what you want and the slight price high is do able, you have already justified it in your mind honestly.

Not to mention differences in regional pricing as well as specific options for pricing relative to your location as well. What we say is overpriced might be bang on in your local area.

whizznbyu

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen 6 speed manual. B5 died at 302k miles.
I am waiting on a red 2015 Gold Sportwagen S TDI manual, 25,060 miles and committed to buy at $17K. Chose this because there is no sunroof.
BTW and FWIW, same Carvana company, but that is a lot of money for >77K miles.

lessm723

TDI
After reading all the sunroof horror stories I'm now worried. Guess a drive through car wash will be part of my test drive haha.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
After reading all the sunroof horror stories I'm now worried. Guess a drive through car wash will be part of my test drive haha.

The pano roof in the GSW is where I've seen most people report leaks on here. I'm not sure I've seen any Golfs (at least not many) leaking. Mine with 85k does not leak and I almost always have it open, so it gets a lot of use. The lighting package, fender audio, and SEL seats are worth every penny!!

T4RBoarder

TDI
'15 GSW SEL 6-spd "Diego"
Seems a little high to me...I paid $14.4 for my GSW TDI w/74k on it two months ago from a dealer.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Was that an SEL though? Buyer here found an SEL with 6MT - when I was looking, that was a rare beast.

lessm723

TDI
Brought her home. Had a 500 off referral! Now to decide if this is the one. Someone added helper bags in the rear. Wonder what the heck he was towing!? Felt awesome driving so far. Averaged 51 on way back and only 44 on way up with my 13 tdi day trade.

lessm723

TDI
Decided it's going back. Way to many unknowns. I love the car. I love shifting gears again.. I just can't get over all the issues. Carvana really doesn't look over these cars.
1. Helper bags in rear coils and one doesn't hold air.
2. Hot wires routed to hatch! Really they couldn't disconnect it? I did myself and even fixed the stored code for the electrical system.
3. Rust from hitch and dings in the exhaust from it bottoming out!
4. Woke up to oil on my garage floor. Pretty sure my quarter turn of the oil plug fixed it.
5. Front underbelly plastic had 4 whole screws holding it in.
6. Shakes at highway speeds even after they "fixed" it before I would leave the vending machine.
7. Interior detail was a joke.
8. Scratches all over interior of hatch that couldn't be seen in the pictures.
9. Headlight have stress cracks or something on bottom front. Both sides.
10. I overpaid but if all these things were fine I definitely would have kept it.

lessm723

TDI
I am waiting on a red 2015 Gold Sportwagen S TDI manual, 25,060 miles and committed to buy at $17K. Chose this because there is no sunroof.

Good luck. Did you get the car yet? I can give you my friends referral if you need it.

ProfBrown

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG
Decided it's going back. Way to many unknowns. I love the car. I love shifting gears again.. I just can't get over all the issues. Carvana really doesn't look over these cars.
1. Helper bags in rear coils and one doesn't hold air.
2. Hot wires routed to hatch! Really they couldn't disconnect it? I did myself and even fixed the stored code for the electrical system.
3. Rust from hitch and dings in the exhaust from it bottoming out!
4. Woke up to oil on my garage floor. Pretty sure my quarter turn of the oil plug fixed it.
5. Front underbelly plastic had 4 whole screws holding it in.
6. Shakes at highway speeds even after they "fixed" it before I would leave the vending machine.
7. Interior detail was a joke.
8. Scratches all over interior of hatch that couldn't be seen in the pictures.
9. Headlight have stress cracks or something on bottom front. Both sides.
10. I overpaid but if all these things were fine I definitely would have kept it.

Good thing you were picky about it and got that long test drive time. Congrats on a lesson learned about stuff to keep an eye out for!

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
Wonder how long it takes for them to pick up the car and refund all your money.

lessm723

TDI
Giving them another shot. I live 3 hours from KC so I just head to the vending machine. They were nice enough to extend my 7 day test drive 200 more miles since I'm swapping out for another tdi. This one is a 15 with 50k for 14,600. Ltv is better but an SE dsg with lighting package. Looks a lot better cared for but we shall see Saturday night!

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
There are a few nice S gsw that are showing up. I found a 17k one with a year bumper to bumper warranty left for a friend. It was under 16k. I didn't want him to buy the typical 40-50k ones as too many unknowns. Add to that a good set of leather gti seats for 300 and he avoids possible sunroof problems.

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
That’s too high. I found a 2015 Golf TDI SEL with 38k miles for $10,900 with the lighting package and parking sensors, but it’s a DSG and in Ohio.

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
That’s too high. I found a 2015 Golf TDI SEL with 38k miles for $10,900 with the lighting package and parking sensors, but it’s a DSG and in Ohio.
Why do you say it's too high? The one in Ohio has more than double the miles on it and no B2B warranty. 16K is practically a new car and if I was still shopping I would jump on a car like that.

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
I don't think you can compare these cars price wise like other cars. For one thing, they are no longer manufactured for the US market and could be sought after in some areas by some people. When this happens blue book prices are not necessarily as accurate and those who are after a nice one will pay more for it.

Last edited:

lessm723

TDI

Did you get it yet?