'Free Money' for purchases at a Dealer

vw_leadfoot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI Wagen
Without getting into specifics, VW is sending me $600 in a dealer credit :D

As I don't get my car serviced at a dealer as I only go to my trusted indy shop, I am looking for some mod ideas...

Anyone have any suggestions? :confused:

Under seat drawers - dismissed as I don't think I'd ever use them
Dash Cubby - already have it
S/S pedals - perhaps...

vw_leadfoot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI Wagen
Ha you guys make me laugh.....

I was in a collision where someone rear ended me and was w/o my car for 2 months due to a VW part delay. All costs in general were picked up by insurance but as I opted for the additional damage waiver this was not covered and I was out of pocket by $900. VW Canada decided they would cover the majority of these additional costs. I was amazed. This was actually initiated by the Body Shop and they called VW for me....I thought it can't hurt...

After sending VW my documents, they have told me that my dealer credit is in the mail....so it wasn't really free...

The only reason I opted for the additional insurance (which I normally wouldn't have) is that on the day I picked up my rental, where I had declined it, 4 hours later someone had done a hit and run in the parking lot and caused $3000 damage....I was on the hook for my $1000 deductible...

Getting into an accident is never fun...

Last edited:

Plus 3 Golfer

Veteran Member
TDI
Und tschüss! 2009 Jetta 12/23/2012
If the card is like the one I got recently for $500 of dealer credit, you get 15% off on your first and 10% off on subsequent "retail" service, parts, and accessories and up to $250 off on a new / used car purchase.

This is hardly a deal worth talking about unless you use VW for service.

vw_leadfoot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI Wagen
If the card is like the one I got recently for $500 of dealer credit, you get 15% off on your first and 10% off on subsequent "retail" service, parts, and accessories and up to $250 off on a new / used car purchase.

Ahh crap...if that's the case, then I'll never use it...:mad:

Plus 3 Golfer

Veteran Member
TDI
Und tschüss! 2009 Jetta 12/23/2012
Ahh crap...if that's the case, then I'll never use it...:mad:
Maybe your card will be different as your circumstances are different.

Why can't you recover all your out-of-pocket costs against the person who hit you by filing a claim with the judicial system? In the states, I filed a claim against a person to recover my OPC that the the person's inurer wouldn't pay although it took me over one year to get the $ via the court attaching his wages.

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
stock up on maintenance items like filters, filters and more filters lol
maybe oil too if you like the castrol...

Filters and Consumable parts! Floor mats, underseat drawers, lighter socket rechargable flashlight, IPOD cable, jacket hanger that fits the back of the car seat.....

Lots of stuff that might be nice, but filters are a sure thing.

Bill

CryoTech

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 tdi sportwagen
oil and oil filters, fuel filters.

Maybe monster mats if you like them, or a cargo liner.

Anything else at the dealer is useless. Definitely filters and oil.

vw_leadfoot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI Wagen

Guess what golfer boy, you're wrong on this one. I got the letter in the mail tonight from VW Canada Customer Care and it is a $600 certificate to be used how I want for service, parts, merchandise, etc. The only deal is that it expires in one year and needs to be used at one dealer (the one I told them I would use).

One happy Dubber here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vw_leadfoot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI Wagen
Filters and Consumable parts! Floor mats, underseat drawers, lighter socket rechargable flashlight, IPOD cable, jacket hanger that fits the back of the car seat.....

Lots of stuff that might be nice, but filters are a sure thing.

Bill
Thanks Bill... Actually already have WeatherTech mats, socket flashlight, iPod cable, and the jacket hanger! Drawers I am still on the fence about and like I said I don't really think I'd use them.

Filters are a good idea.
Perhaps a USB MDI cable for firmware updates?
Would rotors be a waste from a dealer?
Just ordered new tires online, dealer was $200 more there, so that was a no from them.

angelico

TDI
none yet
I was going to say the bumper protector or the chrome accent strip on the gate, but I see from you sig you already have those. What about something like the roof spoiler or the door sills?

vw_leadfoot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI Wagen
Unfortunately VW doesn't have door sills for the Sportwagen from what I can tell...those I would get...

Here's another quick way to spend $700 on parts... (even though they're a little more than my Indy shop)

Last edited:

angelico

TDI
none yet
according to my research there are 2 sets of sills that should fit (note: I haven't tried yet since I don't have my car yet, still in my '09 Passat Wagon).

5M0 071 310
1K9 071 303

you can find these easiest in the UK accessories brochure.
http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/#/new/golf-estate-a6/which-model/brochures/

another thing would be to order the rear footwell lights and the door /entry lights (and wiring) from the dealer instead of the less expensive online places.

vw_leadfoot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI Wagen
Thanks! Problem is dealers won't order Euro parts....

I will call though just in case...

Last edited:

vw_leadfoot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI Wagen
They can get the black/silver film (5M0) but not the SS ones...

Think I'll get the SS Pedals and Consumables....

vw_leadfoot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI Wagen
Update. I got the SS Sport pedals and the dead pedal, 5L of oil and 3 filters...$170 remains. The pedals look great...