EGR filter...

Ike_H

TDI
2004 TDI Wagon
Mom took her 2010 SportWagen to the stealer this morning because the CEL was on, from what she was told, the EGR filter is plugged along with the butterfly valve in the exhaust is sticking. The quoted her $1300 to fix it. Any ideas on what is the best course of action? I am from the Cummins crowd, I own two Cummins equipped trucks and a 04 VW TDI wagon that I use as my commuter. I have seen DPF delete kits for the Cummins trucks, is there any for the newer TDI's? I am sure there will have to be custom tuning and what not along with EGR and DPF removal.

Thanks for the help!

Ike_H

TDI
2004 TDI Wagon
atw, Thanks for the info, probably gonna do that this weekend. What about the EGR?

740GLE, Thanks for the link, although it is loading painfully slow on my work computer and I can only look at the page with the downpipe on it...

Ike_H

TDI
2004 TDI Wagon
Mom is planning on keeping the car for a very long time, she takes really good care of her rides, and she paid a good chunk of coin for this one. I have been talking to her about ditching the DPF and EGR anyways before today, I guess it may be time to do something about it.

Ike_H

TDI
2004 TDI Wagon
She is pretty easy on the skinny pedal, I have been tellin her that these cars need to be run good occasionally to blow the cobwebs out of them. Her daily commute is about five miles each way, and then it gets a few hundred put on during the weekends. I think half of the issue is just with not getting on the throttle as often as she should.

Thermo1223

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Jetta 5M-'04 JW A5
Possibly, without adequate heat & load the DPF can't do it's job. I'd get the codes scanned by someone with VDCS and take it for a good rip & go from there.