VCDS adaptations

St.Hubbins

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf, DSG / '11 A3, DSG (both went buyback) - '15 GSW SE
boy i'd love it if someone could point me towards a list of practical tweaks.
i just changed Steering Assist to Dynamic, turned off the hideous door ajar alarm, and activated Windows comfort opening (which won't take for some reason, even though it reads Active:mad:).

i really wan't the stereo to not cut off when cutting the engine (yes, i know you can turn ignition back on)... a local did this on my old MKVI and it is such a little big deal for me.

if there is a thread for this already, feel free to mod it thataways.

mikesarge

TDI
MK7 Golf TDI SEL 6MT
re: steering assist- did it stick or was it temporary?

I was trying to do that today and I got the security code wrong I guess so it didn't work. however, as I was looking for the correct security code I read somewhere that it only lasts in whatever setting you put it in for that cycle of your ignition- is that true for you or did it last?

re: comfort windows- on my older cars if you held each control "up" one at a time for two seconds it would activate it for that window, maybe try that?

LegalRod

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI, vented, Frank06 head
My car starts a little hard on first cold start of the day. I attempted the IQ adaptation and got it from 6.4 to 3.4. The car seems to run better but starts the same way. It idles normal after a few seconds.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
re: steering assist- did it stick or was it temporary?

I was trying to do that today and I got the security code wrong I guess so it didn't work. however, as I was looking for the correct security code I read somewhere that it only lasts in whatever setting you put it in for that cycle of your ignition- is that true for you or did it last?

re: comfort windows- on my older cars if you held each control "up" one at a time for two seconds it would activate it for that window, maybe try that?
Steering assist will stay, once done right, not just for ignition cycle. Where did you get the instructions for it? I posted in here somewhere the right process with security code. I'll hunt for it this afternoon and will repost if needed.

dubStrom

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Jetta (sold), 2010 JSW (sold), 2013 Passat 6MT traded for 2014 JSW with 6MT-TOTALED in November 2016, 2003 ALH 5MT conversion (sold), wheezing 2015 GSW/DSG and a new 2021 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 p'up
I copied this from a post I made on the remote control of windows/sunroof coding. The website has much more, though I did not search for the radio keyoff persistence. Maybe:

"I got this link from adjat84th here on these forums, but it is a link to vwwatercooled.com.au
Lots of interesting things to customize or enable.
I enable the remote windows/sunroof control option on my 2015 GSW and it opens or closes all windows AND the sunroof with 5second+ remote button hold. NICE.
Open the link and look for "Window Comfort Opening/Closing with key-fob"
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...ad-98034.html?

Other cool stuff too"

St.Hubbins

Veteran Member
TDI
Steering assist still says it's on dynamic, so i guess it stuck. can't say i can tell a difference in handling though.

that Aussie site is what i followed for remote windows... i can roll up, but not down with fob even though both channels read "active" in the Control Module.

will keep looking around for radio key off mod and others... i wish there were a regen alert of some kind. boy would that be more helpful than having to look at idle at every stop.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
That site is great for sure! I've tweaked the following on my SEL:

KeyFOB windows
Auto close in rain (works intermittently because of a bad driver's window regulator I've yet to replace)
Seatbelt chime disabled for driver and passenger
Door ajar chime
Added oil temp to MFA display
Adjusted Avg Fuel consumption (value of 108% worked well for me at the time)
Bi-xenon lights stay on while signaling
Convenience signaling turned to 4 blinks

I've not had success (though the option is there) to change the freeze warning coming on at 39F! And the radio staying on after shutting the car down I just don't think is possible. Would love to find that one!

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
I think the radio stays on, just the blue tooth just killed. Which Im really upset to discover....

I'd like to disable the alarm when the car moves/in gear with door open. That's the worse one.

Kids are sleeping and I open door to inspect and possibly adjust parking, and blaring beeping.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

St.Hubbins

Veteran Member
TDI
T And the radio staying on after shutting the car down I just don't think is possible. Would love to find that one!
it was certainly possible on the MKVI - no idea why "they" would change this option on the newer platform.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
it was certainly possible on the MKVI - no idea why "they" would change this option on the newer platform.
Maybe the NAV unit in the SELs work different because it definitely shuts off completely, along with Bluetooth. Can turn the system back on manually, but Bluetooth module is switched on only with ignition. I've looked all over the adaptations and long coding with no luck.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Maybe the NAV unit in the SELs work different because it definitely shuts off completely, along with Bluetooth. Can turn the system back on manually, but Bluetooth module is switched on only with ignition. I've looked all over the adaptations and long coding with no luck.

Exactly.

So stupid. I have the s trim for reference.

St.Hubbins

Veteran Member
TDI
Exactly.

So stupid. I have the s trim for reference.

you'd think with all the emphasis on green technology and enviro-friendliness, this would be standard. instead, if you arrive somewhere and don't want to interrupt a radio interview, for instance, you have to sit and idle until the break?!
it dudn't add up, i tells ya.

jerrymander

Veteran Member
TDI
f
The emphasis on green technology is only because the alternative might hurt their image and therefore their wallet.

dieselpwr

TDI
04 GOLF PD, 15 GSW SEL TDI
you'd think with all the emphasis on green technology and enviro-friendliness, this would be standard. instead, if you arrive somewhere and don't want to interrupt a radio interview, for instance, you have to sit and idle until the break?!
it dudn't add up, i tells ya.
you can shut off the car and then press the left radio knob and it will turn the radio on

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
Ignition on is required for Bluetooth though

Yep, which I do. Just turn off lights and HVAC fan if they're on. Still annoying because Bluetooth doesn't always connect lightning quick.

dubStrom

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Jetta (sold), 2010 JSW (sold), 2013 Passat 6MT traded for 2014 JSW with 6MT-TOTALED in November 2016, 2003 ALH 5MT conversion (sold), wheezing 2015 GSW/DSG and a new 2021 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 p'up
you can shut off the car and then press the left radio knob and it will turn the radio on
We know that. But in my '03 Jetta Wagon, I can turn off the car and the radio stays on until I pull the key. Convenience. As I recall, in my MK6 I could even pull the key, and the radio would stay on until I opened the door. Even more convenient (can anyone verify this?).

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
We know that. But in my '03 Jetta Wagon, I can turn off the car and the radio stays on until I pull the key. Convenience. As I recall, in my MK6 I could even pull the key, and the radio would stay on until I opened the door. Even more convenient (can anyone verify this?).
My '01 stays on till key is removed, and MK6 stayed on till door opened...correct!

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
09 was like 45 minutes or an hour? Something long.

My cue to get to work after clocking in and parking for an hour.