View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2005, 14:04   #54
earthworm

TDI(s): not yet
Fuel Economy: average is 44
Default Re: Breaking News: New VAG 504.00 & 507.00 standards

Ha tell that to everyone who has had a timing belt snap before the service interval. If VW really wanted to give us the best possible they would get rid of the timing belt. I don't care what other country's do I don't live there. Cars sold in the USA should have readily available the correct fuel and oil period. Look at those fine cloths the emperor is wearing. Dan
* * * * * the above copied * * * * * *

Key words : acceptance and cooperation.

America, sadly to say is a backwoods country - and maybe it always has been. It does not have to stay that way - our education system can and must be improved !
We need strong national leadership - not greedy political hacks...
The problems must be accepted - they can be solved ..

Cooperation - this must occur between customer, dealer, and government - we are receiving far too little of this.
A properly designed automobile will have a timing belt that can be renewed every - say 50K to 75K miles and no more than 1.0 hour labor - the motor vehicle must be designed to last over 250K miles, many are,of course..But they also must be engineered to be worked on - and this is a major failing point..
And, if it is true that the new oils are not available, then why not ???
American politicians are not the only ones with their thumb up their asses !!
In a way, I cannot understand this oil-spec fuss - tonight and tomorrow I will go to PepBoys and Autozone and ask pointed questions ...Mercedes and VW surely must use the same oil - I would think....
earthworm is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06097 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.60 Kb. compressed to 14.16 Kb. by saving 1.44 Kb. (9.23%)]