View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2005, 12:39   #52
Rustynuts
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 57 Imp. mpg
Default Re: Breaking News: New VAG 504.00 & 507.00 standa

Quote:
DPM as I have stated before multivalve or vtec is a good idea for a diesel and would require OHC's (although I have seen multivalve done aftermarket with pushrods) but as for the VW TDI, the engine could be built with everything the same in a ohc or a ohv same head port layout valve layout just moving the cam down in the block using a simple two gear drive and push rods and rockers. Ask your self this question what problems would each design solve or create. Dan
" the engine could be built with everything the same in a ohc or a ohv same head port layout valve layout just moving the cam down in the block using a simple two gear drive and push rods and rockers."

All this just because you find it unreasonable to order oil by internet/mail order or (God forbid) visit a dealer and buy some from there? It rest's quite plainly on the retarded infrastructure of the US supply chain, that no motor store on the corner of your block chooses to stock a VW spec oil. Would you suggest perhaps that VW start visiting these stores and selling their specification oil directly to them, just because the US oil companies have no intention to do so? Or perhaps your suggestions of re-manufacturing the entire VW engine range (in fact, every overhead camshaft engine in production) are just a little bit misguided. They have already re-manufactured the 2.0ltr engine cylinder head to accomodate your (U.S.) emmissions requirements, poor fuel quality, and who knows what else.

I wish you could have the level of technical engineering we have access to in Europe without having to be sufocated with the problems I've just outlined, but until that happens, you could always find some other outdated technology based engine to power your specific requirements in a car. Or embrace the fact that VW try to give you the benefit of their work in the field of diesel combustion engines!
Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06584 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.18 Kb. compressed to 14.71 Kb. by saving 1.46 Kb. (9.04%)]