Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

DK

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 TDI Golf 6 speed
Spool time....I always use the Mobil station off Rt.2 in Westminster. It's a very busy truck stop. Fuel is always fresh. I guess the prices there aren't too bad either, after seeing what some of you folks are paying. DK

No Exit

Veteran Member
$2.899 at Hess over the weekend in Elkridge. ~$3.10 in No.VA. I know its a terrible thing to wish for but I think it would be interesting to see all hell break lose if fuel reaches $5/gal in the US. People will start siphoning out of each others tanks and stealing gas from each other.

Seen a lot more motorcycles on the road lately.

JerryKib

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2001, black; Passat SW, 2004, blue
fuel prices around Tampa

D2 is running around $2.89 most places around here. I may have to do a trip from here (Tampa) to Northern Calif. and back, so I reviewed the list of Flying J stations on my route. Current (Flying J) prices for my route range from as low as $2.739 to over 3 bucks per gallon. I sure am glad to be driving my TDI.

I also have noticed an increase in the number of motorcycles (and motor scooters!). A few minutes ago at lunch, we saw a couple pull up next to the restaurant in a motorcycle with side car (nice one, too).

PDJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta GLS TDI Pumpe Duce Platinum Grey w/ Leather
I got almost 50 gallons of D2 three weeks ago at a Flying J near Richmond for $2.479 a gallon. I still have about half of it left:) I filled up six 5.25 gallon "gas" cans and filled my tank.

D2 is right at $3.00 a gallon in Northern Virginia where I live.

--Nate

DK

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 TDI Golf 6 speed
Nevermind.... when I started this thread on the 23rd my fuel was at $2.84...today I noticed the same station was at $2.96. By the time I need fuel again it will likely be over $3.00:(

sodapop6620

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2000
Manhiem, Pa at the wo go station b99.99 was 2.799 and b5 was 2.959. And of course after I filled the guy told me it was going down today. The Pa turnpike has d2 for 2.939-2.959 and gas is 3.039 this is the first time I seen that.

HEMIHD

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta PD TDI
It's been so long since I actually had to stop for fuel I forget how much it was :D

At least when I was commuting in my truck, I got to see the inside of several stations a week.

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
South of KCMO rug is 2.69-2.68
D2 is running about 2.73 at most places.....
But there is one shell station... D2@ 2.58, it's not red, but not hi-quality.
D2 has been stuck at that price for 2 weeks. RUG goes up and down though.
RUG has been going down since wed morning.
Bill

Dunno513

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 NB PD-TDI DSG
Lakes-Seacoast NH $2.929 - $2.999 been that way for the last few weeks. I can't complain tho. Commute cost is less than half of what is was. Diesel would have to pass $6/gal to see what I used to spend. ;)

pugman

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta SW, 2003, Reflex Silver
Ok, I have fill my tank and the price was at $2.69 while RUL was at $2.77.
BTW: My mileage was 657 with 1/4 tank left, I only added 11.3 gal. Could I have made the 700 club?

avantaholic

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Sportwagon.
today I noticed (In Seattle, WA):
Gas at $3.15/$3.25/$3.35, diesel #2 at $3.25. B99 is STILL $3.05.

oh yeah- petroleum free!

RAST

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Audi A3 TDI
Yesterday (2 May 06) in the Chicago area I noticed that Diesel is running about the same as the lowest-priced Regular Unleaded, which is right about $2.80/gal. The 93 octane stuff is about $3.10

Compared to my old ride Diesel would have to be $6.20/gal for me to complain!!

I got 23 gallons of B100 @ 2.95/gal last Saturday :)

DK

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 TDI Golf 6 speed
EdButler,
Is gasoline less or more expensive than diesel in Britain? DK

mrGutWrench

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, 5-speed, 563K Miles (July '23)
RAST said:
Yesterday (2 May 06) in the Chicago area I noticed that Diesel is running about the same as the lowest-priced Regular Unleaded, which is right about $2.80/gal. The 93 octane stuff is about $3.10 (snip)
__. All this pricing stuff is *really* wierd. I was driving by the Flying J near Burlington NC on Sunday. Diesel was $2.83 and RUG was $2.71 -- there were lines down the road. When I got home, diesel at the Wilco-Hess was $2.84 and RUG was $2.92. What's going on?????
'

AlaskaRanger

Veteran Member
TDI
wannabe...right now a 7.3...
Poor Cheshire Cat: $6.90,
Ed Butler: $6.83,
and
taking-the-cake dgt: $7.83

Let's see: at 50mpg, $7.83/gallon STILL works out to a fuel cost of almost 16 cents per mile. Gaaccckkk! Remind me to take a bicycle if I ever visit Scotland.

In Alaska this week, Fairbanks is at $2.839; in Tok I paid $3.049. I don't know about Anchorage - probably a few pennies cheaper than Fairbanks.

In Whitehorse earlier this week, I saw C$1.049/l or US$3.54; throughout British Columbia, the high I saw was the same and the low was C$0.979 or US$3.30.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
mrGutWrench said:
__. All this pricing stuff is *really* wierd.... What's going on?????
There is no way to know. Amidst all the complaining, there is a serious shortage of information about the status of refinery shutdowns, maintenance, restart schedules, etc.

Part of it is proprietary information, I understand that; if a particular refinery is about to restart, competitors may try to unload their fuel at as high a price as possible, before the additional supply reaches the market.

But you would think that the people who are supposed to report the news, would at least attempt to find out. They could park outside the refineries, and ask everyone who goes in or comes out, "what's the progress? when's the restart?"

EdButler

TDI
Seat Ibiza Sport 130PD @ 180
DK said:
EdButler,
Is gasoline less or more expensive than diesel in Britain? DK
Gasoline is usually 2-3p cheaper than Diesel. Our smart arse government thinks that even though Diesels are more expensive to buy than their petrol equivelants, upping the tax of their fuel and road tax will not sway people from their extra MPG... Well their right, but it wasnt this way 10 years ago :rolleyes: ...

Unleaded: 94.9p = $6.75/USG
Diesel / Shell Diesel Extra: 96.9p = $6.89/USG
SuperUnleaded / Shell Optimax 98RON / Tesco 99RON / BP Ultimate: 98.9p = $7.03/USG

BP Ultimate Diesel: 100.9p :eek: = $7.18/USG

Come to think of it, im pretty low on fuel... Bye bye £45 ($83) lol :(

Last edited:

Dunno513

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 NB PD-TDI DSG
Keep cutting em

Saw D2 at a local station drop $.05 while RUG stayed put. I always like it when that happens :p Course D2 was still $.04 higher than RUG :mad: At least there's a station thats below $2.90 now.

BrianCT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDI
A friend of mine in Saudi Arabia said that since a barrel of crude reached $75 ...in local Saudi Arabian gasoline stations have dropped their fuel pump prices from 90 cents a gallon to 59 cents a gallon.

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia With gasoline prices at historic highs in the United States and some other Western countries, Saudi King Abdullah issued a decree Sunday lowering domestic gasoline prices by about 25 percent immediately.
According to a government statement, the decrease was to reach 30 percent by year's end.
Click here to visit FOXBusiness.com's Energy page.
The drop in prices means Saudis now will be paying 60 halalahs per liter of regular gasoline, or about 60 U.S. cents a gallon. The price of super drops to about 76 U.S. cents a gallon. There are 100 halalahs in the Saudi riyal, which is worth about 26 U.S. cents.
The statement said the king issued the decree to ease the "cost of living burden on Saudi citizens."
The big reduction in gasoline prices in the world's largest oil producing nation was announced as prices in oil importing nations reached record levels and oil company profits soared to all-time highs.
The price of a gallon of regular gasoline in the United States now is above U.S. $3 in some regions.