New to TDI Forum

Old Vdubs

TDI
1999 Jetta 2004 Jetta
I signed up a long time ago but this is my first post. About twenty years ago I bought a Diesel Rabbit on a whim for $300. When I started driving it, I was astounded by the fuel economy, 50MPG (about 40 MPG U.S.) in the city! I was hooked and have owned 6 diesel VW's since. My current cars are a 99 Jetta TDI and a 2004 Jetta TDI PD. The 99 is my major fuel miser getting mid60's in the summer (record 67) and mid 50's in the winter.
I look forward to talking to you good people.

Randy

~TDIguy~

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Sedan
Welcome here Randy! Lots of info available on this sight that's for sure! Always glad for more TDI lovers! BTW nice ride In the profile pic, looks about identical to my present Mk4....

Old Vdubs

TDI
1999 Jetta 2004 Jetta
Welcome here Randy! Lots of info available on this sight that's for sure! Always glad for more TDI lovers! BTW nice ride In the profile pic, looks about identical to my present Mk4....
Thanks for the warm welcome. The car in the avatar is the 2004 (as you probably figured out) which is currently the summer car. The winter cars eventually rot away and the summer cars take over. I have never worn out a Vw diesel engine. My 86 Golf got so bad that the drivers seat was dropping out the floor (that engine went into my 92 Golf).