Official Registration Thread for TDIFest 2012

airwolf

Veteran Member
TDI
None
TDIFest 2012 - Ypsilanti, Michigan
Friday, August 31st - Sunday, September 2nd

Where:

Historic Ypsilanti, Michigan and surrounding areas, conveniently located off of I-94. Ypsi is 8 miles southeast of Ann Arbor and 13 miles west of Detroit Metropolitan Airport.

Hotel:

Ann Arbor Marriott at Eagle Crest, Ypsilanti, Michigan.
Room rates are $99/night + tax = $109.89/night for single or double occupancy.
Located the 135 acre Eagle Crest golf resort and spectacular Ford Lake with plenty of walking trails and outdoor places to explore.

New this year:

Saturday night off-site party, live music, pizza & go karting in Sterling Heights!

In addition to the standard TDIFest agenda, we are offering an evening away from the hotel on Saturday from 6pm - 10pm at Kart 2 Kart indoor racing facility. Boasting a large parking lot, pool tables, foosball, TVs, large lounge area, full bar and a great racing theme, it is the perfect location to hang out with all of your forum friends.

Bring your appetite, as we will be ordering dozens of pizzas, salad and chicken wings for that perfect laid back atmosphere. Spice up the night a little more by selecting our driver option! The entire facility is ours including the track. For $50 per person there will be head-to-head racing all evening long. Expect to complete four 8-minute racing sessions during the evening. This event is open to all and your attendance is encouraged. If you don’t want to drive, there is no additional charge but there will still be plenty of entertainment, including a band!

Kart 2 Kart is about an hour from the hotel with the Henry Ford museum being conveniently located in between. Take the opportunity on Saturday afternoon to combine the two into one trip or explore other local attractions.

Family Events:

In order to encourage more family participation this year we are working on some creative activities for your children and other family members that might not be as interested in the diesel car movement as the rest of us. We are still in the planning phase but there have been some great ideas so far. If you can think of anything that might encourage your significant other or children to attend please post your ideas here:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=353232

Parking Lot Updates:

Come check out our various parking lot activities! The large lot has 200 parking spaces dedicated to TDIFest, vendor displays, and, new this year, a large tent for the raffle and a shady spot.

Meet and Greet:

The meet and greet this year will offer a light meal for those weary travelers who want more than a snack.

Registration Fees (per person*):

Early Bird: Sold out as of 5:40pm on 5/25/2012, Thank you for all your early support.
Normal:
$55.00 (deadline 8/8)
Late: $60.00 (free shirt deadline 8/15)

*Children under 16 receive free entry, t-shirts are extra
*Children under 12 get discounted meals

Registration includes the following
  • Discounted hotel rates (group rate expires 8/8)
  • Name tag & lanyard
  • Goodie bag
  • T-shirt (before 8/15)
  • Raffle
  • Show & Shine entry and use of the car washing station
  • Saturday Pizza Party/Band/GoKart event (driving is extra)
  • Parking lot activities, tech sessions & vendor displays
  • Ability to purchase additional meal events - Meet & Greet, Speaker Brunch, Awards Banquet & Auction
Additional Meals & Events:

Meet-N-Greet (Light Meal) & cash bar: $15
Speaker Brunch: $20
Awards Banquet & Auction: $49

More information about the meals, and sample menus can be found on the registration site.

Kart 2 Kart and Pizza Party General Admission (includes food): FREE
Driving fee for Kart 2 Kart: $50
Additional T-Shirt: $15 and up

Helpful links:

Questions or comments? e-mail us at tdifest@tdiclub.com

Very truly yours,
TDIFest 2012 planning committee

Last edited:

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
In and registered.
Paying by check to avoid passing the pay-pal fees to Fred's.

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
After an 8 year hiatus, I'm registered and paid! :cool:

Lucky 13th year to the month as a member.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Fantastic! It has been a long time... since Hondo's and the turbojet, I think. :eek:

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
I'm registered had no problems.:) Can't wait.

airwolf

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Great we look forward to seeing you both there.

We have had a good response so far. As of this morning, there are only 12 early bird spots left!

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Fantastic! I see you're signed up for everything - you're going to have a great time. :cool:

airwolf

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Wanted to thank everyone that has signed up already for supporting the club.

We are really excited about this years Fest and some of the additional activities that are planned.

Just a reminder that there are only six spots remaining for the early bird signup. Take advantage of the discount and sign up!

If you have any questions about what is fest, or what it is about, feel free to browse the registration site or get in touch with VeeDubTDI or myself!

Last edited:

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI
97' Passat (1Z), 02' Golf
I'm in like SIN!

Oh, and no issues with registration either. K2K, meet & greet, and dinner purchase will come later on.

mlemorie

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta
In and in. Signed up for everything, although I may not actually show my car in the show and shine with all of its stone chips and whatnot. Im terrible at detailing lol.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Early registration is full! Thanks to everyone who signed up early and got the ball rolling. :D

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI
97' Passat (1Z), 02' Golf
I actually plan on getting to enjoy the TDIFest this year and not in the parking lot doing a timing belt on a bug all day. :D

deegingerkid

Beware the Ginger! Vendor
TDI
"Blurple" 2000 New Beetle 5M 2006 Jetta has been SOLD
I actually plan on getting to enjoy the TDIFest this year and not in the parking lot doing a timing belt on a bug all day. :D
Heeeeyyyy...now be nice. My beetle thanks you (and Dave). However, I feel the exact same way! K2K time is gonna be a lot of fun. :D

airwolf

Veteran Member
TDI
None
If you are going through wrenching withdraw at fest, I am sure they will let you work on a couple of their karts. Just have to wait until after the racing is done, no unfair advantages!

We are really excited about this years fest and looking forward to it!

deegingerkid

Beware the Ginger! Vendor
TDI
"Blurple" 2000 New Beetle 5M 2006 Jetta has been SOLD
Lol. I kid. I would do it again D. How she been running?
Really well since I had the turbo replaced in April. ;)

Looking forward to seeing ya again at fest. I'll have 3 relay 109's for you for me being lazy and losing them in my move(s) in the past year. :rolleyes: