Special Lug nut wrench for 2003 Jetta

oklamtnbkr

TDI
2003 silver GLS TDI Jetta
I bought this TDI used a month ago and was about to replace the tires when I couldn't find the anti-theft lug adapter on my car.Can anyone help on where I can get a replacement,the adapter has a lot of ridges all the way around from the looks of the tire lug nut

dbhyslop

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
There's a bunch of adapters with different spline patterns, so take your car to the dealership to make sure you get the right one. Instead of buying the adapter, you might buy four regular lug bolts and see if the parts guy will let you borrow it for two minutes.

I bought my car in Georgia and drove it up. When I got home and wanted to rotate the tires I found out I didn't have that adapter, either... Sure glad I didn't get a flat!

Dan

merkerguitars

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Jetta
At the dealership I work at here's what we do.

Swing in anytime service is open, ask a service adviser you need a wheel key size identified. They will bring out the kit that has all 10 wheel keys ( 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9.) Then you go to parts, tell them the number and buy the key!

2004STARWARSTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2004 Platinum Gray GLS Jetta / 2006 Silver Jetta with DSG
lug key

oklamtnbkr said:
Thanks guy's! nearest VW dealer is 75 miles away,so I'll make time to do just that
Don't delay, if you get a flat then you are up the creek without a paddle!:eek: