Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State

Dedenfield

TDI
Jetta GL 2003 Reflex Silver Manual
I had a great experience with Continental Imports in Gainesville, FL. They really know TDI engines well. Still do business with them. Highly recommended.

www.[B]continental[/B]imports.com

1219 S Main St
Gainesville, FL 32601
(352) 377-6604

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Cattle Creek VDubs, near Glenwood Springs Colorado, about halfway between Denver and Grand Junction, has been added to the list.

azblazor

TDI
96 and a 97 Passat TDI
Phoenix AZ service shop

For my TDIs I use exclusively (except what I do):

Independent Automotive Services
4825 North 7th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85104
Telephone 602 234-9783.

Owner - Steve Groseclose

They have treated me very well and they have reasonable rates and specialize in Volkswagen and Audi. Steve does a lot of TDI service.

Mark W

Metal Slug

TDI
2003 Jetta GLS
Gotta give a big thanks to Ben at AJ's Tdi service in Nevada, MO. Got timing belt changed, intake cleaned, filters changed, etc. Getting better mileage and all at good prices. Thanks!

vwtdtech5052

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 PASSAT 4 MOTION 2004 BMW 330I ZHP 1984 BMW 325E RACE CAR
hello to all this is Jeremy Hoover from Eurozone, trusted mechanic in northern VA, just letting everyone to know i have moved to another shop in herndon, va called Autoscandia. I do all the VW/Audi repairs there and would love to see more TDI's, so look it up. Hope this notification helps out people in the future for TDI/vw/audi repairs. thanks J.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Add the Ann Arbor TDI Group to the list, as well.

http://www.a2tdi.com

compu_85, validius, otm646, and Matt-98ahu are the guys behind this operation. :cool:

vwjettadsl

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
TDI’s
Metal Slug said:
Gotta give a big thanks to Ben at AJ's Tdi service in Nevada, MO. Got timing belt changed, intake cleaned, filters changed, etc. Getting better mileage and all at good prices. Thanks!
Thanks Herby, glad you had safe trip to California.;)

Also I thought I'd update my info a little.

AJ's TDI Sales & Service
Nevada, MO 64772
417-661-1057
www.vwtdisales.com
Mechanic: Ben

Cheers,
Ben:)

namdarb

TDI
2003 VW Jetta TDI
2003 jetta tdi new engine?

We have a 2003 Jetta TDI, 130,000 miles. We just fixed a motor mount, noticed it was burning oil and sounded louder after we got the motor mount fixed. Got a new TB about 18 months to 2 years ago. Driving home it lost power made a loud rattling noise (if you were to take a card and place it into a house fan, that kind of tick tick rattling noise) then the engine immediately shut off, but the noise only seemed to be when the clutch was in and it was in gear as soon as I put it into neutral the noise stopped! A friend gave us some troubleshooting ideas, like try to turn the crankshaft pulley, which didnt move!! Took out a glow plug and noticed the tip had been almost cut off, doesn't look good, right? We are thinking we need a new engine!! What do you guys think??? Found one in Arizona, may be getting that one. We live in CA. Anyone have any ideas of where to take it to have someone help us put in new engine, if needed?? HELP please, my husband and I are so bummed about this because the cars not paid off yet!!

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Send an email to harv at wild rose motors in so. ca. This is the wrong place to post this question, it sould be in a new thread.

You need to fillin your profile more. CA is a big state.

pcguru

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta 2005 Passat 2000 Gulf
DO NOT USE the Bug shop in Hamilton Ontario
They used the Mark and Pray method to change my Timing Belt in February and as soon as my glows stopped needing to come on it would not start.
I Had to buy all the tools and software and learn to do it myself.
I think they are a different owner then they were years ago.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Ouch. That's not good. I'll delete them from my map. :) I'm sure JW will update his soon.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Added...

Eurowerks Garage‎
5408 Byers Cir W, Columbus, OH‎ - (614) 430-9499‎

Brett Fairbanks. RallyTDI is his Screenname.
mechanic from RallyVW, opened his own shop.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
If anyone outside the US wants to add trusted mechanics, please go ahead and post the name of the shop, the address, contact phone number, website, and email address. :) I'll put them on my map, and I think JW will follow when he has a chance.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Added:

KMH MOTORS
Specialized VW /// Audi Service / Sales
& TDI Conversions
North Chelmsford, MA

Phone: 1-978-766-9151
E-Mail: keith@kmhmotors.com
Hours: Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 5:00pm

fred3

TDI
2001 Beetle
Trusted TDI Guy

[SIZE=-1]MAS Imports[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]14015 Kutztown Rd[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Fleetwood, PA 19522[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1](610) 944-8444‎
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1](610) 944-8011‎
Ask for Mike , Great service.

Very knowledgeable! Drives and repairs all types.
[/SIZE]

DDLTexan

TDI
1997 & 1998 Jetta TDIs & 2000 Passat Wagon
Who to trust in the DFW area?

I have a 1998 Jetta TDI and my mechanic can't get it to run after replacing the injector pump and putting on a new timing belt.

Please give suggestions on who to trust that will give a fair price in the Fort Worth, Arlington, Dallas area??

I need that car to run, I don't have alot of extra money. Please if anyone has found a trusted and fair TDI mechanic - please let me know who it is.

Thanks for your much needed help,

Alan

PS Is the state listing on the front page up to date? Is that the only ones for Texas?

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
DDL Texan: that's the whole premise of this thread... everyone on the list is fair and trusted. See the link in my signature.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
fred3 said:
[SIZE=-1]MAS Imports[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]14015 Kutztown Rd[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Fleetwood, PA 19522[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1](610) 944-8444‎
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1](610) 944-8011‎
Ask for Mike , Great service.

Very knowledgeable! Drives and repairs all types.
[/SIZE]
Does this guy have VCDS? Does he have the special timing belt tools? Does he know how to properly change a TDI timing belt?

DDLTexan

TDI
1997 & 1998 Jetta TDIs & 2000 Passat Wagon
VeeDubTDI said:
DDL Texan: that's the whole premise of this thread... everyone on the list is fair and trusted. See the link in my signature.
Thank you for the reply.

Without reading through all the posts, is the map of mechanics on the front page current?

It seems that there are few mechanics for Texas.

Alan

VeeDubTDI

TDI
See the link in my signature. It's up-to-date as of 25 seconds ago. :rolleyes:

K5ING

Mega-Miler
TDI
Silver 2001 Golf GL TDI 5-speed
DDLTexan said:
Thank you for the reply.

Without reading through all the posts, is the map of mechanics on the front page current?

It seems that there are few mechanics for Texas.

Alan
You've got two just up the road in Fort Worth, and another one in Dallas who is willing to travel to the customer (last I heard).

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
DDLTexan said:
I have a 1998 Jetta TDI and my mechanic can't get it to run after replacing the injector pump and putting on a new timing belt.

Please give suggestions on who to trust that will give a fair price in the Fort Worth, Arlington, Dallas area??

I need that car to run, I don't have alot of extra money. Please if anyone has found a trusted and fair TDI mechanic - please let me know who it is.

Thanks for your much needed help,

Alan

PS Is the state listing on the front page up to date? Is that the only ones for Texas?
The listing in the top post is reasonably up to date -- jwlionking adds and deletes mechanics and shops on an irregular basis, as he sees fit.

In the DFW area, the two which may be your best choices are
Steve Glover, username mtbr297, doing business as TechnicalDieselInnovations, and
Brian Hague, username alphaseinor, doing business as TDI Innovations LLC

I don't know much about the other one listed, it might be just as good.

axnels2

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 jetta sportswagen
Today I visited Hardey's in Parker, Co so he can set up my JSW computer features like I wanted NO DRL lights, remote window control etc for $40. I am too cheap to buy VCDS if I am only gonna use it a couple of times. He was very professional, young guy who is AUDI/VW certified mechanic. He got my car setup the way I asked. He also remembered a conversation that we had over a week ago. Very impressive. Its a small shop, but he has a many customers from old VW to recent Audi S4. Prices were reasonable also, half of what dealers charge. I would definitely use his services again. He did mention that he does not get a lot of TDI in, but that might be because there is not a lot of them around Denver.

jwlionking

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI Black 6 Speed Manual
Any vbulletin guru's want to help me out? I'm on my 3rd computer and all have the same symptoms. I edit my original post and its blank. I copy the entire post prior and paste into the blank edit box and post it and nothing changes....

I used IE7, IE8, Firefox, Safari... Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7....

I'm out of ideas..

VeeDubTDI

TDI
That's weird dude. Not sure why it would be doing that.

I would suspect that it has to do with the length of the post. It's too long and it makes VB grumpy when you try to edit it.