View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2013, 12:34   #302
CoJoNEs
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 47

As one of the organizers of a past fest I can see why Chris Tobin is asking the question. Having an understanding of the profit goal helps when it comes to pricing the venue, event costs, food costs, etc.

Like you found out Fred is an amazing guy, very nice, very personable and happy to spend a weekend just enjoying himself. He considers the TDIFest to be for the members of TDIClub and not for himself. As organizers of the fest we did our best to get some additional perks for Fred (room, food, whatever comped or paid out of our budget) but it's honestly more about bringing a great experience for all members.

We pretty much broke even on the events with the cost of the hotel (reserving room, spaces, food). Donations, raffle and auction brought in all the money which then gets passed onto TDIClub.
I was horribly scared (like many other organizers) when it was coming close to fest time and we were not even close to breaking even. Eventually registrations were enough to cover the minimum on the hotel and for the spaces we reserved and I wasn't as worried. Then count in the donated items for raffle, auction, or donated $ and at the end of the weekend we were able to send a check to Fred to support the TDIClub for another year but it really isn't about the end dollar amount.

Page generated in 0.06884 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.56 Kb. compressed to 14.06 Kb. by saving 1.50 Kb. (9.65%)]