TDIFest 2010: Hotel Info & Reservations

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
TDIFest 2010 is proud to announce the venue for this years upcoming event! :D

Sheraton Airport Hotel
8235 NE Airport Way
Portland, OR 97220-1398

***PLEASE NOTE: Outsourced special offers have been discontinued for those dates. However, if a room is booked at a different rate found online, please notify Zippy_car or Jetpuf immediately, so that we can ensure those rooms are applied to our room requirements.***

Room Rates: (not including taxes/fee's)
Single Occupancy: $99/night
Double Occupancy: $99/night
Triple Occupancy: $99/night
These are King sized and double queen sized beds... standard double beds are not on the menu.

Rates are good from Wednesday, Sept. 1, 2010 - Tuesday, Sept 7, 2010 to accommodate for extended vacation stays. ;) Last date for negotiated room rate reservations is AUGUST 25, 2010 @ 5:00pm pst.

This years TDIFest will take place Labor Day weekend. Festivities begin Friday evening September 3, 2010 with our Meet 'n' Greet and continues through until the conclusion of Sunday's Closing Banquet and Auction on September 5th.
***Upon check in, please verbally confirm the dates of your reservation and and inform the clerk of any changes to those dates. This way you avoid the fee's associated with an early check out.Photo's and amenities are listed on the hotel website. Pool and Fitness rooms are open 24hrs. :D If you have any questions please let us know. Hope to see you there!
Update: 8.25.10
The special negotiated rate for hotel reservations is now closed. Anyone in need of a room for TDIFest MUST contact me directly so I can negotiate with the hotel. I CANNOT guarantee that you will get the same negotiated price of $99 per night on any rooms booked between now and Fest, but I can promise you that I will try my best to help you get the best price possible.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. We look forward to seeing you there!

Last edited:

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Once you have reserved a room, please post your name on the following list so that the TDIFest staff may keep track of the numbers.
Room Booking:
1. Lug_nut (Jon Bartlett)
2. Leo1819

Last edited:

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Sheraton central reservations (800 number) does have TDIFest 2010 on record, but couldn't book a room as it shows "None available".
Under a different rate plan I could book, but that was $122.33 / night plus taxes and fees.

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Lug_Nut said:
Sheraton central reservations (800 number) does have TDIFest 2010 on record, but couldn't book a room as it shows "None available".
Under a different rate plan I could book, but that was $122.33 / night plus taxes and fees.
Jon, Thanks for the note... I'll call them first thing tomorrow to check what's up. :( Sorry about that.

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
I just wanted to give everyone an update:
contacted the hotel immediately the next day, however holiday vacations have prevented prompt attention from hotel staff. now that everyone has returned, attention to these matters is being given.

We were able to secure an online check-in. a link will be provided upon resolution of this situation. just finalizing the details on the reservations. Should be set in within the next couple of days.

I do apologize to everyone for this, I should have personally tested it before posting. thank you for your patience.

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
And we're set to roll. I've double and triple checked the check in process myself and it's a go... both online and telephone reservations.

Can't wait to see you there!

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
What is the per night total after taxes and fees?

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Friday afternoon/evening through Sunday night.

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
Usually there is a couple hour or so meet-n-greet on Friday night. But the talks and vendors don't happen until Saturday morning.

I would count on the banquet Sunday night ending between 9:00-10:00, depending on when it gets started.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Not bad :)

Is internet access concidered an incidental, and if so, how much is it?

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
vw4life said:
What are the hours of TDIfest?

Does it start Friday night or Sat. morning. Ends Sunday night what time?
The organizers at past fests have had agendas with events from Friday afternoon through Sunday evening.
So make your own agenda for Thursday, Thursday night, Friday morning, Friday night, Saturday night, Monday, Monday night, Tuesday,......:D

grcarlo

TDI
09 Jetta
Count one more

I'm all in...booked 3 nights sept 3, 4, 5, no problems. Gonna be a good drive from up north can't wait...:D

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
cmitchell said:
I don't think actually bringing a TDI is an attendance requirement... :)
LOL.......I attended the last 2 in my HHR SS. (now sold) although I am back in the Fold, I will not be attending this year.........

Satyr

TDI
Jetta wagon
Well I might come even if I don't own a TDI yet but I'll probably stay with family instead of booking the hotel.

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
I encourage everyone to stay at the hotel. If you dont you may miss something!

daneg

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 TDI Jetta JSW
Zippy_car said:
Once you have reserved a room, please post your name on the following list so that the TDIFest staff may keep track of the numbers.
Room Booking:
2. Leo1819
3. Daneg
Hi, the reservations guy I talked to on March 10 at the Sheraton said the TDI Fest block of rooms is full, or almost full. We got a king room for two nights and the third night, Sunday, we had to switch to a two queen room. Just a heads up.

vw4life

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg TDI
what, full already? How big was the block? I can't believe that many ppl registered yet? really! I was going to wait until June-ish. I'm still getting the vacation approved.

Do you think they sold the block to non club ppl? Is something else happening that w/e?

daneg

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 TDI Jetta JSW
tomo366 said:
Zippy needs to step in anytime now??? That can not be correct........
Yes, I thought it was strange for sure. They emailed me two confirmation numbers and said when I check in give both and they will probably be able to keep us in the same room. Gave me the TDI rate though, good thing.

whatnxt

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Q5 TDI Premium +
Room Booking:
2. Leo1819
3. Daneg
4. whatnxt
5. grcarlo

Made reservations today for Friday and Saturday and got the TDIFest rate and confirmed.:):)

Last edited by a moderator: