Best routes to/from Quebec City

diy_fool

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 NB
So I'm going to the Fest this year and combining it with a couple days stay in Quebec City first, then on to Montreal. So my question to the locals is what is the best route between cities- 40 or 20?
I've never driven outside the cities so any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

black_and_chrome

Veteran Member
TDI
Black Jetta 2005
diy_fool said:
So I'm going to the Fest this year and combining it with a couple days stay in Quebec City first, then on to Montreal. So my question to the locals is what is the best route between cities- 40 or 20?
I've never driven outside the cities so any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
This really depends on the time you are looking to go... traffic is a big issue in the city. Both routes are good and take about the same time... Quebec is a Great city!!! You will love it!!! Please let me know what time you plan on leaving Montreal, and I will tell you the best way to go... :D

diy_fool

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 NB
I haven't really established times. Though I do expect to be driving mid day. I should be leaving upstate NY on Wed AM, taking 15North to Montreal not stopping just passing through on the way to Quebec City.

Two nights in Quebec City and then drive back to Montreal for the fest on Friday- afternoon? or evening? some advice on traffic patterns would help.

Thanks

black_and_chrome

Veteran Member
TDI
Black Jetta 2005
diy_fool said:
I haven't really established times. Though I do expect to be driving mid day. I should be leaving upstate NY on Wed AM, taking 15North to Montreal not stopping just passing through on the way to Quebec City.

Two nights in Quebec City and then drive back to Montreal for the fest on Friday- afternoon? or evening? some advice on traffic patterns would help.

Thanks
In that case you are probably better off taking the A-15(n), to A-30(e), to A-20(e), to A-73(n), to Quebec City. This way you avoid the city all together... On you return I would suggest taking the A-40(w). This will avoid having to take bridges that always seem backed up:( . A- 40 to exit 52 to Blvd St. Jean(s) will bring you right to the Holiday Inn.

Hope this helps,

black_and_chrome

Veteran Member
TDI
Black Jetta 2005
diy_fool said:
Thank you black and chrome! That route makes good sense and I'll follow it. See you there

No problem. Have a great time in Quebec City :D !!! Make sure to visit Old Quebec, and The Chateau of course.

See you soon!

and please call me Nick...:)

diy_fool

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 NB
black_and_chrome said:
No problem. Have a great time in Quebec City :D !!! Make sure to visit Old Quebec, and The Chateau of course.

See you soon!

and please call me Nick...:)
Thanks again. The wife and I should have a great time. Call me Tom