View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2006, 01:37   #34
ARMY

I live in Windsor, ontario - right acrossed the river from Detroit. I found that crossing far less a hassle then the Buffalo one. The easiest would be the NY/Cornwal one near the native reserve. They are very relaxed. I lived about 20 mins from Montreal for a year, in the army's Language school. after 11 months and fluent French, then french still would pretend they didnt understand. Word of advice, if they pretend to not understand your french - speak english. Most will pretend they dont speak english, and many will pretend they dont understand your french.

In Ontario 100kph will get you passed by grandma - but it is the limit. I can tell you this, 114kms is first time you see points so no cops worrying about 113 or less. Most OPP set the radar gun for 130. 120-125 is fairly safe to drive at - You can go faster in some spots, but you need to know where its okay. A heads up.... Chatham/Kent is usually a heavy radared area as well as Londons outer sections, they hide on on ramps while one cops is on over pass or median and Lazers ya! Windsor to Chatham is fine Ridgetown to London fine and far side of london to Quebec is fine. I used to live up north in the Barrie area and worked in Windsor, so for 4 years I traveelled atleast 2-3 times a week both directions. Yeah 2002 tdi with 300k on it hehe. if you wanna be safe 120 is cool for nearly all areas. Technically... Licence plate covers are not allowed unless clear with no tint. I have been pulled over from light blue tint. SO keep that in mind. Thats about it.
GL and see yas there

Last edited by ARMY; December 5th, 2006 at 01:43.
ARMY is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06966 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.47 Kb. compressed to 14.69 Kb. by saving 1.77 Kb. (10.76%)]