View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2006, 10:46   #35
brucetmoose
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 42-winter, 46-summer
Default In regards to roaming charges and Verizon and crossing points

My local verizon rep told me that if I tell them far enough in advance I can add Canada to the plan temporarily for a month and then drop it for a small fee. Considering the fact that when I was on Ottawa and I incurred $67 in roaming fees in one week, it's worth it.

I will chat again with them and find out the details for those who have Verizon and in particular in the Rochester, NY area.

VikingRob and others out west - I highly suggest crossing in either Detroit or Port Huron (whichever is closer), it cuts a LARGE amount of time off the trip. From my house alone ( Rochester, NY ) to Detroit is about 9 hours. Plus the fact that you'd have to pay the NYS troll plus the Ohio Trolls. When we go to the state up north of visit my aunt (pardon the Ohio State humor there), it cuts about 3 hours off the trip as I have personally driven from Rochester, NY to Lansing in about 6 to 7 hours which would take 10 the other way. Buffalo, NY is a very busy toll station, plus the crossing there is VERY VERY busy due to Niagara Falls traffic.

On caveat - if you're going to also see Niagara Falls, then by all means go through Buffalo and then up I290.
Demand 50/50 now! (50 MPG in all 50 states)
You can get any TDI you want at Alice'sDealership

Last edited by brucetmoose; November 20th, 2006 at 10:52.
brucetmoose is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06306 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.41 Kb. compressed to 14.72 Kb. by saving 1.69 Kb. (10.30%)]