WTB/WTT: New Spare Tire + Cash

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle(sold) MK4 Golf TDI(sold) Mk4 Jetta TDI(parted out) MK4 Golf GTI w/ALH swap (built then parted out) 2015 Passat TDI Highline (current)
Hey everyone. I have an off request.

i have a bunch of brand new good spare tires. None of them are a match so that's why im posting here.

looking to buy or straight up trade your spare tire for one of my brand new spare tires. I just want to get a pair going and sell the rest of them if possible.

looking for:

Bridgestone Turanza EL400 205/55R16
and
Michelin MXV4 205/55R16

tread must be perfect or never used.

take a quick look at your spare and let me know.

for quick reply text at any time 905 nine two one 6015

thanks

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle(sold) MK4 Golf TDI(sold) Mk4 Jetta TDI(parted out) MK4 Golf GTI w/ALH swap (built then parted out) 2015 Passat TDI Highline (current)
^^^^
thats pretty much the idea

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
... Wouldn't these be somewhat old, new tires?

I would concerned with the harder / aged rubber...

What's the age from the DOT stamp(s) in the sidewall?

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
im always concerned about the age.
i dont use cracked tires. the tires are about 8 years old. Yes, the rubber has become harder but they look brand new, no leaks, never seen the road.

so why not?

i have actually ran 11 year old tires for 2 summers. they looked fine, gripped fine and for the regular commute they were perfectly fine to use.

on a side note: the tread actually lasts longer since the rubber has become harder. but like i said, they performed just fine.

ps. i found a set already.

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
When I sold the golf last year I was still running winters stamped 2007... ran them 3 winters and had zero issues... no cracking or anything funny

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
There is nothing wrong with well stored spare tires. There is a bit of hysteria now days when it comes to the age of tires (thanks to the internet). The way a tire is stored makes more difference than how old they are. Usually UV and Ozone ages tires. A spare tire sitting in the trunk will age very slowly. Yes, age is a good indicator to warrant a closer inspection when buying and should be used as a price negotiating tool (since when put into use they will deteriorate faster than fairly new tires) but should not be a deterrent.

I hope you will find the tires you are after.

Uberhare

Veteran Member
TDI
Too many.
I once bought an older E21 BMW. 3 tires were like new & in great shape albeit 20 years old! The 4th was completely deteriorated and cracked. The garage where the car was stored, only 1 tire ever saw sunlight through the window.