Thank you

KARKS

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf Wagon TDI 2012
Thank you to everyone on this fantastic forum. But it is time for me to say good-bye! Today I pulled my plates off my TDI and parked it until it is bought back. This is by far the best forum I belong too and will miss it.
On wards to my 2017 Ram 1500 SLT!

KARKS

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf Wagon TDI 2012
I wanted a 2017 Eco Diesel, but there is a hold due to some EPA issues. Last word is that the 2017's that they have built need changes and at this point they will release a 2018 model with the fixes.
So I purchased a 2017 Ram SLT Hemi - Should be the same fuel Economy, right!?

Been looking at the different Ram Forums, nothing compares to TDI Club with how well it is organized and the contributions.

bbarbulo

Veteran Member
Aww, we'll miss you. But you'll be back. Those trucks are nice, but you will get sick of stopping at every gas station, so you'll likely get into an older diesel, likely an ALH. :D

Tsagoth

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon Automatic
So I purchased a 2017 Ram SLT Hemi - Should be the same fuel Economy, right!?
lol, that's funny saying "fuel economy" with the words "Ram Hemi". My 1500 Hemi gets about 11mpg with a loaded stock trailer. Maybe 18mpg empty. Dodge claims something stupid like 25mpg empty, it's not even close to that.

At max load, it's down to around 7mpg, but it's working hard then, foot to the floor to get up hills at speed.

KARKS

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf Wagon TDI 2012
I would agree that Fuel Economy and Hemi or Truck should not mix. But that being said, I am averaging 12.8L per 100km for the first 1,000km on the truck. Not even close to what I was getting in the TDI, but better than my wife's Ford Flex and my buddies Tucson. Next will be to see how it tows our trailer and potential new trailer this summer.

Some think I am crazy as I commute 230km round trip 3 days a week. But hey I am driving a truck, I have always wanted one and with all the BS around diesels I couldn't get an EcoDiesel anytime soon. Who says you can't have a commuter truck!?!

bbarbulo - you might be right, i really liked my 2004 Jetta TDI. Just might have to find a project car for my commuting days.

NarfBLAST

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf 5MT
I would agree that Fuel Economy and Hemi or Truck should not mix. But that being said, I am averaging 12.8L per 100km for the first 1,000km on the truck.
That is not bad at all! (translation: I thought it would be worse) My neighbour has a 2016 Ram ecodiesel and claims to get 8L/100 on the highway IIRC from when we spoke last year. My 2014 Honda Odyssey only gets 9L/100 highway with a gas V6 running on three cyclinders (when that minivan implementation of VTEC for cylinder deactivation kicks in, yo) and it has way better aerodynamics. The Odyssey averages between 10 and 11 L/100km in mixed city/hwy driving.

Canadian to American fuel economy translation table:

L/100km = MPG

8 = 29.4
9 = 26.1
10 = 23.5
11 = 21.4
12.8 = 18.4 MPG

Last edited: