2002 Jetta TDI fuel filter replacement

nptdi

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI GLS wagon
How much pressure should I apply to get the return valve reseated? I have the filter changed, O-rings replaced, and all the lines hooked back up. Should I unhook all the fuel lines, remove the filter and try to reseat the valve prior to putting it in the engine? I can not get it in! I have been on here for an hour and can't find the answer. So alas, a new thread is born.

nptdi

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI GLS wagon
Oh, and the reason I haven't already pulled the lines from the T(return valve) is because they are stuck on there pretty good and I didn't want to risk cracking anything.

nptdi

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI GLS wagon
ISSUE RESOLVED:
before I removed the line from the return valve I was almost pushing as hard as I could with one hand while still supporting the filter with my other and I could not get it in. I removed one side and it popped in without too much fuss. All and all not a hard project but I sure hate those compression clips, or whatever they are called. Trying to remove them with needle nose pliers is a pain. Car cranked up and drove fine post filter replacement. If air got in the system would it have already presented itself?