RECOMMEND A MICHIGAN VW PD-TDI Mechanic?

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
What nkfry said... whaddya need done. depending on the difficulty, there may be quite a few folks that can help you or just a select few. Select few include Marty Bergel outside of Fowlerville and they don't come any better but he is frighteningly busy because of it. Kirk Blackmore is North of G.R. and is also great. Dunno if you want to travel that far. Munks comes highly recommended too. Good luck!

TDI_Dan

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW 6M MKVII, 2011 Golf TDI 6M (bought back)
I never considered the "frighteningly busy" part. Marty is on the top of my list for anything I can't tackle. I'm hoping I get a long life out of my golf before having to worry about that.

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
I am certainly not trying to scare anyone off :eek: Marty is a one man operation with many, many TDI fires to put out, figuratively speaking of course (hopefully!). It can be a while before someone can get ahold of him and even longer until one can be squeezed into his lineup which can seem like an eternity when your TDI is broke. With that in mind, try to schedule as early as possible with the maintenance stuff. Better too soon than too late and we all know how life can get in the way of important TDI stuff :p

hpc

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 NB TDI, 2013 GLK 250 BlueTec
Matt Whitbread (Whitbread on TDIClub) in Richmond - I-94E to
30 mile rd.

TDI
I believe I just read a post from Matt saying he had to stop doing service work and he's only doing his day job and the fab work. Check under his user name, Whitbread.

otm646

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 AHU Jetta.
I've seen work from Steve's, I was happy with the limited amount of work I saw. I've never seen anything diesel specific from them though.

I would shy away from arborMOTION in Ann Arbor. Their general work is good but their diesel troubleshooting is spotty at best in my experience.

GCareymk4

TDI
mk4
I've always liked the work advanced automotive and transmission in Ann Arbor. I've never had them work on a diesel for me but they advertise that they do. Labor is pricey but not too bad, they can do pretty much everything. It's the one on jackson rd there's a couple similarly named shops in the area. http://www.a2advancedautomotive.com/