6 speed conversion kit

EuroTuning

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2,0TDI
Our company makes conversion kits from 5-gear to 6-gear. We have more than 10 years of experience with these modifications, so we know that designing and manufacturing of gears systems with VW quality to be reliable and without any noise is not easy at all...
Our solution makes it possible for experienced service workshop to carry out this modification without removing the gearbox out of the car. Our company usually performs this modification in 3-5 hours. Customers come in the mornings and leave in the afternoons with their 6-speed gearbox...

Kit price 1500$, shipping USA, Canada 100$

Conversion kit
http://www.eurotuning.cz/images/file/gearbox_conversion_kit_us.pdf

Installation instructions
http://www.eurotuning.cz/images/file/ET_6gear_installation_instructions.pdf

VW tuning mag article
http://www.vwtuningmag.com/gearbox-conversion-kit/

Intructions for installation without removing the gearbox
http://www.eurotuning.cz/images/file/removing_shift_rail.pdf

Last edited:

drklawz

TDI
2002 Golf HB, 4dr
a fool and his money...

I would be interested in "piloting" and reviewing one of these kits for the US TDI audience.
Do you have an english language manual for the installation? I want to review with my shop and see if they are comfortable with the install.
How much additional would shipping be to US - 80301, ground?

Last edited:

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
That's a lot of ground considering he'd have to take the Bering Strait.... when it's frozen.

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
I'm already running a .658 6th gear - can the gear be reused? Also, does the kit basically slot a gear between 4th and 6th (if you consider what my ratio's currently are)

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
I'm already running a .658 6th gear - can the gear be reused? Also, does the kit basically slot a gear between 4th and 6th (if you consider what my ratio's currently are)
Go to his web site, then use Google to translate to English. For the TDI it looks like the factory fifth ratio is retained and a longer 6th gear is added. several ratios mentioned.

EuroTuning

TDI
2,0TDI
I don't understand your question, write me your car model, year of production, engine type, gearbox code and we will send you the optimal solution for your car.

bagdwag

Banned
TDI
03 Jetta Wagon
Go to his web site, then use Google to translate to English. For the TDI it looks like the factory fifth ratio is retained and a longer 6th gear is added. several ratios mentioned.
I sent in my info and basically what he told me is that 1-5 are the same and then the 6 would reduce rpms by 500-600rpm...

PhunkFX

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Audi Q5 TDI S-Line, 2005.5 Jetta TDI (BRM) 6MT (02Q)
Man, I want this. I wish my car hadn't decided to run away recently....

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
I would do this in a heartbeat, just not in the budget right now since I'll be out of work for another few weeks.. I just had my trans out and apart a month ago too..

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Placed my order for the kit this morning.

A .59 6th gear will be a bit longer than the .622 5th I am running now. should be nice with the stock .756 ratio for 5th gear. Fills in that hole I have now from 4th to 5th (.622).

Will post more as this progresses.

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Me too... the magazine article says it can be done with the transmission still in the car, but the install instructions say it has to come out... I think it does have to come out and apart to change the selector lever for 5/6.. not sure I see a way to get the snap rings off with the unit in the car..

EuroTuning

TDI
2,0TDI
A .59 6th gear will be a bit longer than the .622 5th I am running now. should be nice with the stock .756 ratio for 5th gear. Fills in that hole I have now from 4th to 5th (.622).
Diagram of gearbox ratios:

Diagram of John's gearbox:

Modified diagram of John's gearbox:

Last edited:

EuroTuning

TDI
2,0TDI
Me too... the magazine article says it can be done with the transmission still in the car, but the install instructions say it has to come out... I think it does have to come out and apart to change the selector lever for 5/6.. not sure I see a way to get the snap rings off with the unit in the car..
The gearbox can be modified without taking apart but it has to be done by special method that requires knowledge of gearbox's construction. It is like “laparoscopic operation”. The replacement is carried out through a hole for taking out the selector housing. It is convenient for workshop, which does these modifications more frequently, but for people, who want to modify only their own gearbox it is better to take it apart.

All changes are done in gearbox only, the other parts (selector box, selector cables) are without changes.

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Gotcha.. I Took the selector assembly out of a spare trans that I have here and I see how it can be done.. I'll try messing with my spare unit and see if I can do it..

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V

My Credit Union had a problem transfering the funds with the information provided by EuroTuning. They were used to having an intermediate bank involved. How ever, when I used my account at Bank of America, they had no issues what so ever in doing the fund transfer.

EuroTuning confirmed receipt of funds last Friday and will ship the conversion kit this week.

More to follow, as I learn more.

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 B5.5 TDI/geared BSM, BV43A turbo,stage 2 TDTUNING. 2005 5sp manual passat tdi stage 2 tdtuning,BSM delete. 2015 Passat TDI 6sp manual.
My Credit Union had a problem transfering the funds with the information provided by EuroTuning. They were used to having an intermediate bank involved. How ever, when I used my account at Bank of America, they had no issues what so ever in doing the fund transfer.

EuroTuning confirmed receipt of funds last Friday and will ship the conversion kit this week.

More to follow, as I learn more.
let me know what you end up doing with the .622 as i am running it too. Hopefully you kept your stock .75 gear. I sold mine darnit!