Important Information For Total Diesel Dummies

S

SkyPup

Ric Woodruff, South Texas Bill, JeffT, Tom Kuc, Diesel Demon, and all the rest of the grossly undereducated diesel fuel nursery school kids can use some good educational reading material to further their extremely limited knowledge of diesel fuel technology!

Here it is kiddies!

Have FUN!

1. Nic Mann, Frode Kvinge, Geoff Wilson, "Diesel Fuel Effects on Emissions: Towards a
Better Understanding," SAE 982486

2. Xiaobin Li, Wallace L. Chippior, and Omer L. Gulder, "Effects of Cetane Enhancing
Additives and Ignition Quality on Diesel Engine Emissions," SAE 972968.

3. Kevin Schmidt and Jon Van Gerpen, "The Effect of Biodiesel Fuel Composition on
Diesel Combustion and Emissions," SAE 961086

4. R. H. Hammerie, D.A. Ketcher, and R. W. Horrocks, G. Lepperhoff, G. Huthwohl, and B. Luers, "Emissions from Current Diesel Vehicles," SAE 942043.

5. B. P. Pundir, S. K. Singal and A. K. Gondal, "Diesel Fuel Quality: Engine Performance and Emissions," SAE 942020.

6. Bertoli, C., N. Del Giacomo, B. Iorio, M.V. Prati, "The Influence of Fuel Composition on Particulate Emissions of DI Diesel Engines," SAE 932733

7. Ari Juva, Paul Zelenka and Peter Tritthart, "Influences of Diesel Fuel Properties and Ambient Temperature on Engine Operation and Exhaust Emissions." SAE 890012

8. R. M. Olree, D. L. Lenane, "Diesel Combustion Cetane Number Effects," SAE 840108.

9. Neill, W.S., W.L. Chippior, O.L. Gulder, J. Cooley, E.K. Richardson, K. Mitchell, C.
Fairbridge, "Influence of Fuel Aromatics Type on the Particulate Matter and NOx
Emissions of a Heavy-Duty Diesel Engine," SAE 2000-01-1856

10. Kidogucki, Y., C. Yang, K. Miwa, "Effects of Fuel Properties on Combustion and
Emission Characteristics of a Direct-Injection Diesel Engine," SAE 2000-01-1851

11. Hara, H., Y. Itoh, N. A. Henien, W. Bryzik, " Effect of Cetane Number With and Without Additive on Cold Startability and White Smoke Emissions in a Diesel Engine," SAE 1999-01-1476.

12. Kouremenos, D.A., D. T. Hountalas, A. D. Kouremenos, "Experimental Investigation of the Effects of Fuel Composition on the Formation of Pollutants in Direct Injection Diesel Engines," SAE 1999-01-0189.

13. Nakakita, K, S. Takasu, H. Ban, T. Ogawa, H. Naruse, Y. Tsukasaki, L. I. Yeh. "Effect
of Hydrocarbon Molecular Structure on Diesel Exhaust Emissions," SAE 982494.

14. Li, X., W. L. Chippior, O. L. Gulder, "Effects of Fuel Properties on Exhaust Emissions of a Single Cylinder DI Diesel Engine," SAE 962116.

15. Akasaka, Y., Y. Sakurai, "Effects of Oxygenated Fuel and Cetane Improver on Exhaust Emission from Heavy-Duty DI Diesel Engine," SAE 942023

16. Kajitani, S., H. Usisaki, E. Clausen, S. Campbell, K. T. Rhee, "MTBE for Improved
Diesel Combustion and Emissions?," SAE 941688
9. Ryan, T.W., III, J. Erwin, "Diesel Fuel Composition Effects on Ignition and Emissions,"
SAE 932735.

17. Belardini, P., C. Bertoli, F. E. Corcione, G. Police, " Effect of Fuel Quality on the Performance of High-Speed Direct Injection Diesel Engines," SAE 852077.

18. Erwin, J., T.W. Ryan, III, D. S. Moulton, "Diesel Fuel Component Contribution to
Engine Emissions and Performance," National Renewable Energy Laboratory, TP-425-
6354, November 1994

19. Ladommatos, N., M. Parsi, A. Knowles, "The Effect of Fuel Cetane Improver on Diesel Pollutant Emissions," Fuel Vo. 75 No. 1, pp. 8-14, 1996

20. Karonis, D., E. Lois, S. Stournas, F. Zannikos, "Correlations of Exhaust Emissions from a Diesel Engine with Diesel Fuel Properties," Energy & Fuels 1998, 12, 230-238

21. Lange, W.W., A. Schafer, A. Le'Jeune, D. Naber, A.A. Reglitzky, M. Gairing, "The
influence of Fuel Properties on Exhaust Emissions from Advanced Mercedes Benz Diesel
Engines," SAE 932685.

22. Gonzalez D., Manuel A., Guillermo B. Rodriguez, Roberto Galiasso, Edilberto
Rodriguez, "A Low Emission Diesel Fuel: Hydrocracking Production, Characterization
and Engine Evaluations," SAE 932731.

23. Liotta, Jr., Frank J., "A Peroxide Based Cetane improvement Additive with Favorable
Fuel Blending Properties," SAE 932767.

24. Nandi, Manish K., David C. Jacobs, Frank J. Liotta, Jr., H.S. Kesling, Jr., "The
Performance of a Peroxide-Based Cetane Improvement Additive in Different Diesel
Fuels," SAE 942019.

25. Mitchell, K., D.E. Steere, J.A. Taylor, B. Manicom, J.E. fisher, E.J. Sienicki, C. Chiu, P. Williams, "Impact of Diesel Fuel Aromatics on Particulate, PAH and Nitro-PAH
Emissions," SAE 942053.

26. Schabert, Paul W., Ian S. Myburgh, Jacobus J. Botha, Piet N. Roets, Carl L. Viljeon, Luis P. Dancuart, Michael E. Starr, "Diesel Exhaust Emissions Using Sasol Slurry Phase Distillate Process Fuels," SAE 972898.

27. Becker, R. F., P. Ndiomu, D. H. Hoskin, " Reduction in Particulate and Black Smoke in Diesel Exhaust Emissions," SAE 972903.

28. Starr, Michael E., "Influence on Transient Emissions at Various Injection Timings, Using Cetane Improvers, Bio-Diesel, and Low Aromatic Fuels," SAE 972904.

29. Schwab, Scott D., G. H. Guinther, T. J. Henly, K. T. Miller, "The Effects of 2-Ethylhexyl Nitrate and Di-Tertiary-Butyl Peroxide on the Exhaust Emissions from a Heavy-Duty Diesel Engine," SAE 1999-01-1478.

www.sae.org

[ June 22, 2001: Message edited by: SkyPup ]

S

SkyPup

Sorry about the confusion with the link, my bad, but fixed thanks to you!

The Society For Automotive Engineers (SAE)is the group despised most by these diesel dummies, since all the facts about diesel engines and diesel engine fuel technologies comes from this group.

They are the MOST DANGEROUS people on the face of the Earth for our peanut gallery of Diesel Dummies, simply because they have the truth and the facts that cost money.

While all the Diesel Dummies have are their free and profuse daydreams.

S

SkyPup

Boy O' Boy, those diesel dum dums are real quiet when they be learin' somethin' new!

Guess that they have an awful lot to learn since the began with so little to start with.....
lol

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Perhaps this thread should be titled "Mandatory Reading If You Wish to Maintain Your Membership at Fred's"!

SoTxBill

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 passatdsg 10 jetdsg, 09 jetdsg, 2006 jetdsg, 2001Jet, 96passat, 86jet, 81 jet, 78pickup all vw diesel.
or try reading :

1. Paper: 1999-01-3594: Fuel Effects on The Low Temperature Performance of Two Generations of Mercedes-Benz Heavy-Duty Diesel Engines

2. Paper: 981364: The Effect of 2-Ethylhexyl Nitrate Cetane Improver on Engine Durability

3. Paper: 1999-01-1504: The Autoignition Behavior of Surrogate DieselFuel Mixtures and the Chemical Effects of2-Ethylhexyl Nitrate (2-EHN) Cetane Improver

4. Paper: 2000-01-1851: Effects of Fuel Properties on Combustion and Emission Characteristics of a Direct-Injection Diesel Engine

5. Paper: 2000-01-1853: Evaluation of Cetane Improver Effects on RegulatedEmissions from a Passenger Car Equipped with aCommon Rail Diesel Engine

6. Paper: 1999-01-3591: Impact of Test Conditions on the Ignition Behaviour of the ASTM D-613 Primary Reference Fuels and Full Boiling-Range Diesel Fuels in the Ignition Quality Tester (IQTtm)

7. Paper: 2000-01-2009: Characterization of New Fuel Qualities

8. Paper: 982492: Evaluation of Combustion Behavior and Pollutants Emission of Advanced Fuel Formulations by Single Cylinder Engine Experiments.

9. Paper: 1999-01-1476: Effect of Cetane Number with and without Additive on Cold Startability and White Smoke Emissions in a Diesel Engine

10. Paper: 1999-01-3602: Development of LPG DI Diesel Engine Using Cetane Number Enhancing Additives

11. WebPage: http://www.sae.org/calendar/sf&l.htm

12. WebPage: http://www.sae.org/calendar/spring.htm

13. Paper: 1999-01-0510: Fuel Composition Effects on Air-Fuel Mixing and Self-Ignition in a Divided Chamber Diesel System by Optical Diagnostics

14. Paper: 2000-01-0193: Chemical Kinetic Study of a Cetane NumberEnhancing Additive for an LPG DI Diesel Engine

15. Paper: 2000-01-1173: The Effects of Oxygenate and Gasoline-Diesel Fuel Blends on Diesel Engine Emissions

16. Paper: 2000-01-1859: EPA HDEWG Program - Statistical Analysis

17. Paper: 982453: The Effects of Pilot Fuel Quality on Dual Fuel Engine Ignition Delay

18. Paper: 982487: Comparison of the Exhaust Emissions of Diesel Fuels Derived from Oil Sands and Conventional Crude Oil

19. WebPage: International Fall Fuels & Lubricants Meeting & Exposition: Technical Sessions

20. WebPage: Insight to New Truck Technology Rolls Out at the 1999 SAE Truck & Bus Meeting

21. WebPage: Spring Fuels & Lubricants Meeting & Exposition

22. WebPage: SAE 2000 Congress Technical Sessions: Monday

23. Book: SP-1482: Alternative Fuels 1999

24. Paper: 1999-01-0549: Closed Loop Start of Combustion ControlUtilizing Ionization Sensing in a Diesel Engine

25. Paper: 1999-01-1117: Transient Emissions Comparisons of Alternative Compression Ignition Fuels

26. Paper: 1999-01-1472: In-Cylinder Combustion Pressure Characteristicsof Fischer-Tropsch and Conventional DieselFuels in a Heavy Duty CI Engine

27. Paper: 1999-01-1478: The Effects of 2-Ethylhexyl Nitrate andDi-Tertiary-Butyl Peroxide on the ExhaustEmissions from a Heavy-Duty Diesel Engine

28. Paper: 1999-01-1500: A Six-Stroke DI Diesel Engine Under Dual Fuel Operation

29. Paper: 1999-01-1546: Fuel Quality Control by Mid Infrared Spectroscopy

30. Paper: 1999-01-3487: A Study of Composition and Size Distribution of Particulate Matter from DI Diesel Engine

31. Paper: 2000-01-0940: Diesel-Spray Ignition and Premixed-Burn Behavior

32. Paper: 2000-01-1803: Characterisation of the Injection-Combustion Processin a Common Rail D.I. Diesel Engine Runningwith Sasol Fischer-Tropsch Fuel

33. Paper: 2000-01-1850: Fuel Formulation Effects on Passenger Car Diesel Engine Particulate Emissions and Composition

34. Paper: 2000-01-1854: EC-Diesel Technology Validation Program Interim Report

35. Paper: 2000-01-1857: EPA HDEWG Program - Test Fuel Development

36. Paper: 2000-01-1858: EPA HDEWG Program-Engine Tests Results

37. Paper: 2001-01-2012: Water Injection Effects in a Single-Cylinder CFR Cetane Engine

38. Paper: 982574: A "No-Harm" Test Matrix Investigating the Effect of Di-tert-butyl Peroxide (DTBP) Cetane Improver on Diesel Fuel Properties

39. Paper: 982649: Fuel Quality Impact On Heavy Duty Diesel Emissions:-A Literature Review

40. Paper: 982685: Chemiluminescence Imaging of Autoignition in a DI Diesel Engine

figures never lie,,,

liers always figure....

show me the mpg or the dyno...

i dont care about the smoke when first starting,,, or starting a minus 20... and i dont care about 5000 rpm...

show me the mpg or the dyno runs....

or cut and paste and call anyone who happens to disagree some more names...

do you what me to cut and paste the next 40 articles...

i dont like calling names as no one benifits..

but some times i get tired of the whining...

show me the mpg or the dyno run.

for the average commuter not trying to push and shove his way to the front,, your own statements seem to disprove if not shed doubt of your statement...

ORT runs between 1900 and 3000 rpm just fine you say... they run all day at max torque and full load..

thats pretty much where my tdi runs 99.4 percent of the time.. maybe even 99.8 percent of the time... most are not childish enough to drive around with the little head doing the thinking for the big head...

but by YOUR comments you really really need more cetane and less testosterone...

again,, please show me the mpg... or more hp between 1600 to 3000 on a dyno run.. more torque would be even better for fuel economy... but show me the mpg!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry it took so long to reply,, by the topic i thought your were talking to the your fellow buds.. the 2eh sniffers... and such...

but hey,, i am always willing to learn,,, show me the mpg or dyno run,,, convince me that i can get an improvement and i will gladly join you.. hell i even spout out your message to all that will listen...

i dont really care about the mpg of the space lab or you size of your weanie....

show me the mpg and i will gladly help get the word out about how to benifit mankind..

otherwise your pi$$ing off the (GG)green gestapol crowd by spewing out all the co2.... the kyota cops will get you.. and now we will have to pay more money to country (pick any name here) for co2 credits so that their people can buy more cars, iceboxs, boomboxes etc and consume more fuel and resources.....

damn there goes another tree you just killed... oops there goes a spotted owl.... doggone it that dolphine just went belly up... all because of you...

show me the mpg please while there still enough power to run the web server..

[ June 22, 2001: Message edited by: TexasBill ]

S

SkyPup

Sorry Billy Boy, go find your own mpg yourself, I'm not here to train you, only inform you, you take it and make it yourself, not me.

And I could care less about your propensity to rant and rave about your daydreams, soon ULSD will be here in spite of you and your cheap shots.

$0.01 cent a gallon more for 50 Cetane, less than 10% Aromatics, less than 15ppm sulfur is dynomite in my book.

Now go suck some more dirty diesel to be happy and sleep tight!
lol

BlueBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
NB, 2000, Bright Blue & Yellow, Things & Wings rolling advertisement
Oh, and by the way, I hope that you have your doctorate by now, as it is quite apparent that all that you have time to do is research on diesel fuel and technology.

-Tim

S

SkyPup

Thanks Tim, I do, happy diesel fuel hunting to you too!

Try crossing your fingers when you fill up, if you do this each and every time, I assure that that after four to five years of this, your diesel fuel will improve tremendously.

Janusz

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2000
After all is being said, the real and true information is always welcome and useful, misinformation by diesel dummies always damaging.

It is not a shame to be ignorant. I am ignorant on 95% of things out there.

But to spread out an unverified and false information just to sound inteligent is just STUPID.

I despise stupid people.

Skypup, thanks for good source of a real information.

JeffT

Veteran Member
Course you COULD just filler up, and enjoy the ride and RELAX! It ain't that hard!!

Don't worry about Cetane numbers, it all comes out of the same spigot anyway!!!

BTW Skypup, I don't mind being lumped in with Tom Kuc or Diesel Deamon, but please put me into some other category apart and seperate from Texas Bill and Ric, OK???

[ June 24, 2001: Message edited by: JeffT ]

S

SkyPup

a BIG 10-4 Good Buddy, sorry for the mistake!

BTW, if you want to understand why Mercedes-Benz no longer sell their Turbo-Diesel engine high speed passenger cars in the USA or Canada, read this one:

Lange, W.W., A. Schafer, A. Le'Jeune, D. Naber, A.A. Reglitzky, M. Gairing, "The influence of Fuel Properties on Exhaust Emissions from Advanced Mercedes Benz Diesel Engines," SAE 932685.

S

SkyPup

LOL

ROTFLMAO

JeffT, Tom Kuc, STB, Ric -> way too FUNNY!

QUESTION:

"Will there be a MERCEDES-BENZ DIESEL model in the 2001 model line-up?"

ANSWER:

"No DIESEL models will be sold. Due to the variance in the diesel fuel quality sold (cetane value, sulfur content, level of contaminants) the Mercedes-Benz direct injection diesel engines (CDI) cannot be certified to comply with emissions standards."

"Our plans for future offerings of diesel models depend on any legislation that will require improved diesel fuel quality, an issue that is out of our control. "

Keep up the LOVE THAT DIRTY DIESEL SONG, it is way too phunny!!!!