2012 Executive realistic price

banshee365

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta
Hey all! I’m new to the Touareg platform (including the Q7 and such) and am looking at SUV’s for the family. The wife has always loved the Touareg but we stayed clear because we thought we would want a 3rd row for the family. As time as gone on it doesn’t seem that we would use a 3rd row much.

There is a ‘12 Touareg Executive near me with 27k miles. They have it listed at $27k. It’s obviously in really nice shape with that of miles but I do see lots of surface rust on chassis fasteners and things like brake dust shields.

I do all of my own repairs and maintenance that doesn’t require any crazy expensive special equipment so my ownership costs would be a bit less than most consumers.

How accurate is KBB with the Touareg? The market seems pretty soft on them. From the best that I can gather, this CPO ‘12 Touareg Executive is worth closer to $22k. It will obviously depreciate a lot more than some other SUV’s that we are looking at but if I get it at the right price it won’t be such a big deal. The fix was done 2 weeks ago so the Powertrain warranty will go to 6/2023 if I’m not mistaken. So, that is nice.

30_Yr_Dsl_Veteran

banned Ric Woodruff alias account and troll
TDI
2009 Jetta
I just bought a one owner, VW buyout 2012 Touareg TDI Sport w/only 80K miles from a VW dealership for $15,800. $27K seems HIGH. With THAT low miles, might have been all/mostly city miles which is not good on a vehicle (lots of short trips not fully warming engine).

35 Yr Dsl Veteran

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Sport
I just bought from a VW Dealership (that got it directly from VW) an immaculate inside and out, one owner 2012 Touareg TDI Sport with 80K miles that was never exposed to road salt (judging by CarFax) for only $15,800. It REALLY pays to shop around! :)

BTW: It was bought back by VW a full two years ago and was in storage until they came up with "the fix", so effectively it was like buying a 2014.

banshee365

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta
I held strong at $22k for this ‘12 Executive Touareg with brown leather and 27k miles. Someone bought it yesterday for between $23.5 and $24k. KBB private party value was $19,762. I thought CPO would add a couple thousand, but not $4k.

I guess someone just fell in love with it and had to have it. The search continues.

35 Yr Dsl Veteran

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Sport
I held strong at $22k for this ‘12 Executive Touareg with brown leather and 27k miles. Someone bought it yesterday for between $23.5 and $24k. KBB private party value was $19,762. I thought CPO would add a couple thousand, but not $4k.

I guess someone just fell in love with it and had to have it. The search continues.
Have you put in a request at your nearest VW dealer for a fresh from VW "fixed" one? You can request exact features you want, and view the CarFax, and VW "should" have gone over it to make sure everything is in good working order before they shipped it.