***Official maintenance schedule for your VW [PDFs inside]***

G Men 08

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Golf 5 spd
Perfect, thank you! I downloaded 2 cards, (mk4 golf) does that sound correct?

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I went through and provided direct links to the PDFs in the original post. This should eliminate the confusion with the pic server.

Robert, do you have the 2014 maintenance schedules by any chance? It would also be nice to get ahold of the ones for Audi TDIs if you can pull that off, too. :)

-Lawson

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Unfortunately I do not have access to Audi information.

I will see if they have released the 2014 maintenance schedules yet.

neoborn

Veteran Member
TDI
MKIV TDI Golf
I apologize if these questions sound dumb but can somebody tell me, are these numbers that are in miles and kilometers, in the thousands? Ie 5 in the km row means 5000km?

I have had the car since new, the dealership did ask the work until warranty ran out or the recall stuff. pretty sure timing belt and water pump were done but can remember when. Its a 2004 and I finished paying for it in nov 2010. Can the dealership print of records of ask the work completed with dates?

I have been doing the regular maintenance such as brakes, oil changes, air filter etc but again I have no record of dates etc

What would you all recommend and where to jump in on the schedule? I am at 215,000 km's.

Thank you much in advance for any help y'all :eek::eek:

Rockin teh tappytalk deuce!

superskid

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
Are the Canadian guides posted anywhere? I assume I can just convert the miles to km's but if I remember correctly my 2012 TDI is all on even 10,000km's too. More curious to see which way the rounding goes and if the skew gets bigger.

vivekjm

TDI
2013 Passat TDI
Tire Rotation

Hello !
Some of the tire manufacturerers/dealers recommend tire rotations every 5000 miles. (For ex my other Toyota car the dealer recommends tire rotation every 5000 miles). However for the TDI scheduled maintenance comes only once in 10000 miles. Can anyone tell me how the tire rotations are treated ?
thanks !
vivekjm

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
Hello !
Some of the tire manufacturerers/dealers recommend tire rotations every 5000 miles. (For ex my other Toyota car the dealer recommends tire rotation every 5000 miles). However for the TDI scheduled maintenance comes only once in 10000 miles. Can anyone tell me how the tire rotations are treated ?
thanks !
vivekjm
Welcome,

The answer you seek is in the "2013 Model year Passat TDI" maintenance schedule in the first post of this thread. It might also be in the owner's manual.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
Hello !
thanks !
vivekjm
Tire rotation is something of a black art, and many opinions and recommendations may be found. We go nowhere near a car dealership for any form of tire service. We have a favorite tire store we have dealt with for a very long time. They have a loyal clientele, because they are conservative in their recommendations. If you don't need tires or shocks, they will tell you they don't think you need them. They recommend rotation every 7,000 miles. This is included free with tires you buy there, along with balancing. Obviously if you buy the tires elsewhere, it's on you. If you go in with a new car (as we did with our Passat when we had 7K), they give you a buy one get one free deal on rotating and balancing the OEM tires.

akblume

TDI
Golf 103TDi, 2.0l
Hi,
I've bought my 2.5 years old Golf 103TDi wagon 7 months ago. Recently I tried to get a quote for 105,000 km service from a VW dealership, got a quote for around $1600 with timing belt replacement. I mentioned to them that the manual requires this replacement at 120,000km, but they insisted their info tells it has to be done now.
Any idea who I should believe?

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
I don't see why Australia would have different recommendations.

But I would bring out the owners manual and see what that says.

Then I would ask them for a print out showing the "updated" suggestions.

Don't let them feed you a line about not being able to print it out for you.

If they don't have anything official (from Volkswagen, not the dealership) showing any updates to the suggested intervals, go with what the owners manual says.

ATG

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVI Jetta TDI
I'm picking up my 2014 Jetta today. I will see if they have the maintenance schedule.

Er0

TDI
Vw Golf Mk5 2006
for a 2006 TDI the manual recommends changing oil at 5000 miles :confused:
in the break in page DBW tells not to do so until 10000 miles
To be honest DBW is a legend :) but why is this ?

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
for a 2006 TDI the manual recommends changing oil at 5000 miles :confused:
in the break in page DBW tells not to do so until 10000 miles
To be honest DBW is a legend :) but why is this ?
The schedule notes at the bottom that it was revised in 2010, 4 years after the 2006 cars were sold.

I owned 2 2006 Jetta TDIs and IIRC they called for a first oil change at 10,000 miles, not 5,000. The 1.8 Turbo GAS engine was 5,000 IIRC.
You asked this question in 2014.... so the question is decidedly MOOT.

Bill

Er0

TDI
Vw Golf Mk5 2006
The schedule notes at the bottom that it was revised in 2010, 4 years after the 2006 cars were sold.

I owned 2 2006 Jetta TDIs and IIRC they called for a first oil change at 10,000 miles, not 5,000. The 1.8 Turbo GAS engine was 5,000 IIRC.
You asked this question in 2014.... so the question is decidedly MOOT.

Bill
thanks for clearing this out.. I just found it strange that's all, i already have 170'000 km on my 2006 so...:rolleyes:

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Unfortunately I no longer work for Vw.

So I do not have access to any further maintenance schedules.

That may change in the future. I have not yet decided if I want to apply at another dealership or if my experiences at Riverside soured me on the whole thing.

Only time will tell.

Splashhopper

TDI
2011 TDi Diesel

Fla_Panther

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Fixmy59bug: Thank you for posting these. I recently purchased a user's manual for the 2010 Jetta TDI I purchased used but the information in it wasn't listed in this format, which made it harder to picture what the maintenance schedule should look like past 120K miles. Mine is now at 149K so I can't just look in the book like you can for the earlier mile markers.

I took the data from the PDF and entered it into an Excel spreadsheet, then extrapolated it out all the way to 500K miles. (I don't know how long I'll have her but this way I'll never have to do this again.) I also split out the data into a few other tabs and deleted blank fields so I can look at only what maintenance need to be done at my current mileage without having to sift through all the other stuff.

I wanted to upload it here for others to use but I guess I don't have the ability to attach to forum posts. For now you can get it here. Cheers.

sspoto

TDI
2014 Passat SE TDI nav
Dirty oil at 3000 mi, mpg decreasing by 5 mpg

I have a 2014 Passat TDI nav, DRG, and I've noticed my mpg has decreased by about 5 mpg in the last 1000 miles. The oil is black at 3000 miles. First scheduled oil change is 10,000 mi. Can I expect better mpg if I changed oil at 5,000 mi ? Driving conditions have not changed.

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
I have a 2014 Passat TDI nav, DRG, and I've noticed my mpg has decreased by about 5 mpg in the last 1000 miles. The oil is black at 3000 miles. First scheduled oil change is 10,000 mi. Can I expect better mpg if I changed oil at 5,000 mi ? Driving conditions have not changed.

Changing oil twice as often as the official schedule requires will have no effect on fuel mileage.

I strongly suggest that you have a UOA (used oil analysis) done soon to put your mind at ease.

Bill

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
The oil is black at 3000 miles.
Black is the normal color for oil in a diesel engine. Diesel oils are designed to hold soot in suspension rather than let it turn to sludge in the bottom of the engine. It is doing its job perfectly. I would start to worry if my oil was not black. Changing motor oil will not significantly change your mileage. Temperature, time of year, mood, and traffic lights all have a far greater effect on mileage than oil changes ever will.

Changing your oil more often that recommended is (at best) a waste of money and it might even do more harm than good. Here is some interesting reading for you: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=2340534&postcount=27

Have Fun!

Don