Navigation - Unable to Save

vtbigdog

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI DSG
2012 Jetta TD! Premium...RNS315

Today I entered a location into the Nav System and saved it, but it didn't save. So I put the address back in and hit "Start" and followed the route on the map.

After arriving at the destination, I drove my car about 2 miles from the destination and, in order to get back to my destination went to Last Destinations find it. It wasn't there. Hmmmm.

I went into the Nav Setup and deleted all of the 'Last Destination' but when I go back to "Last Destinations, they are all still there and not deleted.

Any suggestions? I did a reset of the unit but it had no effect.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Throw your navi in the trash and get a radio without navi.

Your cell phone works way better for navigation then the bogus navis they put in cars as you are finding out.

vtbigdog

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI DSG
Throw your navi in the trash and get a radio without navi.

Your cell phone works way better for navigation then the bogus navis they put in cars as you are finding out.
I appreciate the feedback but I'd rather solve the problem rather than use the phone. Now if there is anyone who has any legitimate advice on how to alleviate this problem, please let me know

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
A firmware update might fix the problem. From doing a bunch of searches, I don't think there are any updates available for the RNS-315. The VW NAVI web site is down for maintenance but if it ever comes back up, you could try there. Probably no help there either.

http://vwnavi.com

I did give you the best possible solution although you don't have to throw the RNS-315 away, just don't use the NAVI function.

Try the (Google) "Maps" app on your phone and you will be shocked how well it works compared to a lame in dash NAVI. Hands free voice commands, real time maps, traffic and POI's and you don't have to pay to update the maps database because "Maps" is in real time.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=294793

http://www.myturbodiesel.com/threads/rns-315-nav-entertainment-phone-support.5515/

Last edited:

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Thought I would edit this post to make it more proactive and less Troll like.

Anyway, post back if you find a solution. Does sound like there are a lot of folks that are fed up with their RNS-315's.

Last edited:

vr6chris

TDI
'10 JSW S 2.5L 6mt
There are updates for some of the various versions of RNS-315s, but they are not readily 'out there' like the RNS-510 updates. Before VW updated the format of their technical literature page, I saw there were various updates available on SD cards for $25, but I can't find them anymore. Best bet is to check with a service advisor who knows how to look up service bulletins to see if there is an applicable update.