Central California TDI service available--can travel to you!"

kennethsime

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon GL TDI 5-Speed Baltic Green
Just got back from Santa Maria, where Matt changed my timing belt for me (along with some extra little parts). He got to work right away, and (like others have said) while I expected to help, I would have only slowed him down. He even used vag-com to let me roll down my windows via remote.

Turned into a nice little road trip, too. :)

Soupinmycoupe

Veteran Member
TDI
Manual ALH wagons.
just wanted to give Matt props for doing great work in great time! already setting up another date for him to come by and do more work.

my driveway is big enough for 4 cars. if you guys wanna come by the Northern part of Los Angeles on the 30th, come by. i live in Woodland Hills. i'm sure Matt would appreciate the business. just pitch in for diesel/lunch.

drop me a text to reserve a spot; (818)317one771

chris

Last edited:

Baumeister

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Beetle Convertible, '03 New Beetle TDI 5sp, '94 Audi Cabriolet(AFN swap in progress)
Bump up for an expert, watched him work on several TDIs last weekend. His extensive knowledge rescued me from what should have been a botched injection pump re-seal job I was attempting.
Don't hesitate to book him for any repairs!

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
Did you put a skid plate on that Beetle before you left Sunday? Matt installed the DG Panzer Plate w/ FMJ on Cranberry. Unfortunately we ran out of time for the headlight upgrade; I'll have to tackle that later.

Last edited:

Baumeister

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Beetle Convertible, '03 New Beetle TDI 5sp, '94 Audi Cabriolet(AFN swap in progress)
Romad, my group buy skid plate arrived this week, I've been out of town since the GTG. It'll happen very soon, going to help SMendick get his installed as well. I need to degrease the engine again and make sure there are no leaks from the new oil pan before installing.

POStdi

TDI
2003 Jetta wagon
Another satisfied customer here too! He did my TB service on my wagon today, was very quick, tested her out, had his VAG up and checking the whole thing out. Very methodical, very thorough. Gave me a heads up over some other concerns while he was in there too.

I'll be back in a 100,000 ;)

treyca

Veteran Member
good guy &a great mechanic

Matt did my turbo upgrade and what a pro job he did. Took the time to diagnose the old turbos problems, and to point out other future issues.
thanks again

SFHGolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jolf GLS TDI - Reflex Silver (purchased 2011) | Previously: 2001 Golf GL TDI - Indigo Blue (sold 2005)
Dang it, didn't realize Matt did the little window remote mod! Next time . . . I'm going to be up in your neck of the woods over Memorial Day weekend. Too bad I don't need any jobs done. Hopefully in the works sometime will be skidplate, suspension work, someday maybe injectors also.

Bump for Matt.

gcodori

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 NB TDI plus CPO 2013 Passat TDI SEL Prem.
Another bump for Matt! He did my TB change and also threw in the remote window mod and changed the setting of my tranny to Sport only.

Great guy and great work. I was lucky to catch him when he came to town.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

fab2121

TDI
2003 and 2004 Jedi Wagon 5spd TDI • 2012 Audi A3 Sportback Auto TDI
Go See Matt!!

Hi everyone.
I have a 2002 MK4 Golf. Basically stock. Tall 5th gear.
I live in Goleta CA and spent a couple of hours in the late afternoon at Matt's in Santa Maria after driving an hour to his house. He installed my Titan 764 injectors, checked my mechanical timing and set the injector pump timing. During the procedure he found a cracked vacuum hose and fixed that. Surprise!
Then installed a Malone Stage 2 tune (he is now an Malone Dealer and installer). We did two test runs while he diligently worked the notebook and dialed down the smoke.
Also setup my computer so I can now unlock all the doors with one remote click, and also set it up so I can roll my windows up and down with my remote. His price was so reasonable. Thank you Matt.
I was super impressed with his knowledge and familiarity with the tdi. I have unfortunately gone thru two highly regarded mechanics here in Santa Barbara and two dealerships and they seem like complete baffoons compared to his expertise. I left feeling like I have finally found my TDI guru. He is comfortable in doing anything related to these cars and also genuinely enjoys doing it. To say it mildly, you have tried the rest, now try the best. You will not be disappointed.

Miles_M

TDI
Golf TDI 2003
Another very satisfied return customer of Matt's here.
Sat 5/26, Matt did a timing belt for me then found my once in a blue moon glow plug code - traced it to cracks in 2 of the harness connectors - he had a spare harness in his inventory and fixed it in minutes.
He spent time troubleshooting an intermittant limp mode and we determined the turbo actuator was worn out - on order, I'll replace it myself.
He also found my large A/C fan had given up the ghost - I would have never known that it was broken, had he not deliberately checked this. This is easy I'll do it myself.

He's an honest, thorough, knowledgable and intelligent mechanic, and he never gives you the feeling that he's trying to rush you out but is happy to spend time answering questions and basically teach you about your TDi. He's earned the highest recommendation I can give.
Keep up the good work Matt!

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Gonna set up a make-shift garage in Rich's parking lot? :D

treyca

Veteran Member
Hey Matt. Looks like you had a big weekend down south. Are we on for repairs in Santa Rosa early next week?

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
Yes indeed Trey! Sent you a PM this morning.

treyca

Veteran Member
I would like to thank Matt for travelling to my car and working 14hrs in one day. Not only working way past dark and alot of the next day to do my timing belt, cam, injectors, 5th gear, turbo. Topping it all off with astage 4 malone tune and working out the kinks, reduce smoke and to make it run better than ever. After it was all done he stuck with his original labor quote despite the extended hours.

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
I would like to thank Matt for travelling to my car and working 14hrs in one day. Not only working way past dark and alot of the next day to do my timing belt, cam, injectors, 5th gear, turbo. Topping it all off with astage 4 malone tune and working out the kinks, reduce smoke and to make it run better than ever. After it was all done he stuck with his original labor quote despite the extended hours.
Look at what happened after he worked on mine!!!!!!!!!!!

[http://i45.tinypic.com/2jeaiwp.jpg]

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Now that's dedication! I hope you tipped him! :)